Activity Feed Forums Printing Discussions Roland Printers SP300V Head Carriage Jamming

• SP300V Head Carriage Jamming

Posted by Robert Neill on September 1, 2022 at 2:04 pm

Hi Guys… wee question, my head carriage keeps jamming up when printing and giving me a scan error code. You know how on the sp300 you have the 2 carriages that run on the bar, one being the carriage that has the cutter blade etc on it and then you have the carriage which has the heads in it. Well the one with the cutter etc which is attached to the scan motor cable attached is running fine. its the carriage with the heads in it which is actually jamming. So it is not the scan motor, has anyone any ideas ? I myself am thinking that it can only be the block bearing, which i cant find online. 😕

Robert Neill replied 1 year, 10 months ago 2 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Kevin Mahoney

September 1, 2022 at 2:28 pm

Big dough if the bearings have gone on a Versacam, have you cleaned & oiled it at all? Is it making a dreadful racket as it moves?

• Robert Neill

September 1, 2022 at 2:42 pm

Hi Kevin…. tried all the lubrications etc…. not noisy at all when moving back and forth by hand etc… it can move it back and forth by hand several times continually and it runs fine and then just jams up again.

• Kevin Mahoney

September 1, 2022 at 3:06 pm

How is the ribbon cable looking?

• Robert Neill

September 1, 2022 at 3:37 pm

Ribbon Cable…. which one Kevin ?