Activity Feed Forums Printing Discussions Roland Printers SP300v colours suddenly weak

• SP300v colours suddenly weak

Posted by Kelvin Rawles on February 28, 2017 at 10:49 pm

I was printing a 1400 x 700 mm graphic and just before it completed, the machine parked the carriage and just stopped (display still showing ‘processing’).
    I cancelled the job, powered everything off and restarted.
    The job was re-run, and this time it completed, but all colours were light, washed out.

I had done a head clean and test print before the first run
    I did another clean and test print after the washed out run and it looks the same as the first one.

The change in colours was sudden. Perfectly OK at the end of the failed job and washed out from the beginning of the next run, which was about 10mins later.

I’ve checked the print quality settings in Versaworks and they were the same for both runs.

Any ideas?

Kelvin Rawles replied 7 years, 2 months ago 4 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Phill Fenton

March 1, 2017 at 8:45 am

Sounds to me like the profile you’re using has been corrupted or altered somehow – or you have inadvertently switched to a different profile. I assume you’ve done a test print and the colours are all there? If so try a different profile.

• Rich Cooper

March 1, 2017 at 9:27 am

i had the exact issue with my sp300, turned out to be the usb cable, i changed it for a good quality insulated cable, problem solved.
    mine would only do that on large print jobs. there was no pattern to when it would fail it was totally random and would stop at any point with "now processing" on the screen.

I hope this helps.

• Stafford Cox

March 1, 2017 at 1:16 pm

I agree on both of the above, but it could also be disk space. Particularly if you are RIPing a large file, it will produce a lot of data and do some funny things.

Stafford

• Kelvin Rawles

March 1, 2017 at 3:50 pm
    quote Phill Fenton:

Sounds to me like the profile you’re using has been corrupted or altered somehow – or you have inadvertently switched to a different profile. I assume you’ve done a test print and the colours are all there? If so try a different profile.

I did wonder that, and I have re-rip’d the job and tried a different media type, high quality, lower speed etc but no improvement.
    Versaworks still set to US pre-press though. I’ll try changing that .