Activity Feed Forums Printing Discussions Roland Printers SP300V Changed black cartridge now no black print

• RobertLambie

Administrator
    February 25, 2022 at 11:50 pm

it looks like your ink cart may be blocked in some way.
    I could be wrong, but maybe the short amount of print you did get done was the ink still in the line?
    i say that because you have zero heads firing. so you have zero getting to the head if the machine was printing fine moments before it with the previous cart.

maybe take the cart back out and check if the pin has actually pierced the cart?

• nigelcave2020

February 26, 2022 at 9:45 am

Many thanks for taking time to reply. I’ve check cartridge and it has been pierced.

If it’s not the cartridge and just coincidence it failed at sametime what else could cause all nozzls to stop?

Would a faulty damper cause all the nozzles to stop like this? There appears to be ink in the line and If I pull ink through with syringe from under the heads the cyan gets black in and then clears to normal.

Thanks again

• nigelcave2020

February 26, 2022 at 11:19 am

Couple more pics attached..is there anything that doesn’t look right?

Could the dirt on the ribbon cable stop the black nozzles?

If I place a swab with cleaing solution on black/cyan head then black and cyan ink soak through so the ink is there, it just doesn’t print

Many thanks for any help

• Kevin Mahoney

February 26, 2022 at 11:39 am

Hi Nigel, have you just replaced the cartridge or have you done a powerful clean?

• nigelcave2020

February 26, 2022 at 12:05 pm

Yes cartridge replaced.

changed captop, lots of cleans including 1 poweful clean

no black

• Kevin Mahoney

February 26, 2022 at 12:34 pm

The syringe is probably the most effective way but you are probably just pulling cyan through & there’s not enough vacuum to get the black ink moving. If you have any spare tube, remove the cyan damper, put a piece of tube on the plug & clamp off, then syringe the black ink through the head on its own. Before that though, i would swap the dampers on the manifold to rule out the cartridge, if you get black ink but no cyan, the nozzles will be blocked, swab clean & head soak would be my next move. Misted ink on the ribbons aren’t likely to be at fault. Hopefully you will get a result, good luck

• nigelcave2020

February 26, 2022 at 12:51 pm

Thanks for your advice Kevin. Altough I’m not feeling brave enough to try 🙂

I have ordered a new damper so will try to change black damper when it arrives.

If it doesn’t work I’ll try your suggestion when feeling more confident.

Many thanks Nigel

• nigelcave2020

February 26, 2022 at 1:04 pm

If I place swab with cleaning solution on head there is black coming through just not when printing.

• Kevin Mahoney

February 26, 2022 at 1:38 pm

An overnight head soak may help if you don’t fancy getting into the guts of the machine