Activity Feed Forums Printing Discussions Printer Ink SP300 Genuine Ink printing costs

• SP300 Genuine Ink printing costs

Posted by John Wilson on August 16, 2008 at 9:53 am

OK I’m still using the genuine ink in my SP300 and I’m not thinking of going over to bulk feed at the moment but my question is average printing costs

Say I’m printing 1ft of vinyl at 760mm wide then what is the rough cost…. full ink coverage and high res image printed

Trying to work out what it’s costing me on jobs so I know what kinda mark up i’m actually getting

I’ve been told different figures from different suppliers but hey it’s not like we can trust them :lol1:

Stephen Morriss replied 15 years, 8 months ago 4 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Steve Morgan

August 16, 2008 at 10:08 am

John,
    If I remember correctly an SP-300 will print 75 metres of material on a set of inks, although that is full coverage I can’t remember what the print setting was. In SignLab there are 4 settings – draft, standard, fine and best. I think that would have been for the standard setting, best obviously uses more.
    Not a lot of help but it’s a start.

• Ian Bingham

August 16, 2008 at 10:22 am

Depends, if you are talking just ink cost or media as well, power and depreciation on machine and wear and tear, I would think the ink is the least cost overall
    Ian

• David Rowland

August 16, 2008 at 11:59 am

in your case John, you need to be charging at least £30/sq mtr minimum for anything u are trying to do, the printer should never really go over £10 per sq mtr in consumable costs

• Stephen Morriss

August 16, 2008 at 4:14 pm

I did work it a while ago, well a few years ago actually 🙂
    It worked out a roughly £4.50 sqr meter, Uniform Cadet using solvent inks, this included waste.
    I use a bulk system on mine and it is a lot cheaper but you have to be using it regularly.
    I don’t think you can get the Roland inks in bulk so you’ll have to swap over to some other brand.

Steve