Activity Feed Forums Printing Discussions Roland Printers SP300 & Garment printing lastability

• SP300 & Garment printing lastability

Posted by John Wilson on August 26, 2008 at 4:34 pm

OK I’ve tried various companies for c-print and different variations of this product but never found one good enough for lastability

The best I’m getting is about 10 washes before the colour fades….. the worst is about 1 wash 😮

Anyway I’ve got a job on in the next few days which need a full colour digital logo onto a black tshirt so looks like I’ll need to give this method another go

So what’s your thoughts on this people…. anyone found the perfect(I’ll use that word loosely) product from a company yet for using on the SP300

Cheers

avinar replied 15 years, 8 months ago 8 Members · 10 Replies
  • 10 Replies
  • Chris Wool

August 26, 2008 at 4:42 pm

had some target stuff that seems to last but i hate the feel of it all, might as well stick a sticker on.

can you dye sub on to white flex?

chris

• John Wilson

August 26, 2008 at 4:43 pm
    quote Chris Wool:

had some target stuff that seems to last but i hate the feel of it all, might as well stick a sticker on.

can you dye sub on to white flex?

chris

I don’t dye sub and I don’t really have the time as it’s a job that’s just came in for this weekend

• David_Evans

August 26, 2008 at 6:49 pm

I have used victorys colourprint once. Printed about 100 hoodys using it.
    I have had no feedback from the client so cant really tell you how it lasted.

But they do reckon it can be washed upto 60 so i theory it should work.

A bit vague i know.

Dave

• Ian Bingham

August 26, 2008 at 8:48 pm

John

the ink jet dark is good from xpress, but target have a new one on the market, I tried a sample and it feels and washes great, although is about twice the price as xpress
    Ian

• Kevin Gallagher

August 26, 2008 at 10:22 pm

Try merlin transfers inkjet dark (A4 sheet .85p) should get 8 breast logos per sheet we have used them for about 3yrs no complaints,we supply local garages with boilersuits and they boil them to get the oil out no problems it also comes A3 size.Print reg marks and contour cut them

Kevin

• John Wilson

August 27, 2008 at 7:55 am

I’d rather it be something that I can run through the versacamm to save me time and effort (and sanity)

• Steve Bird11

August 27, 2008 at 8:58 pm

John try colour cut from xpres, Most of our coloured footie kits are printed using this, regularly see them from a couple of years ago and still look ok, the kits take a fair bit of stick in the washing machine so worth a try for you me thinx!

Oh and make sure you use the tht profile.
    Cheers

• Steve Underhill

August 27, 2008 at 10:37 pm

You cant dye sub onto flex as the glue would melt too much over that time period, youcan however get subli flock, you print it then press it after cuting, that works just fine and xpres sell it.

• John Wilson

August 27, 2008 at 10:58 pm
    quote Steve Underhill:

You cant dye sub onto flex as the glue would melt too much over that time period, youcan however get subli flock, you print it then press it after cuting, that works just fine and xpres sell it.

Yeah I’ve tried printable flock for the versacamm which is rather good, just don’t have any left in stock at the moment so i’ll order more of that in as it’s good for long lasting logo’s

• avinar

September 15, 2008 at 12:58 am

im using flock with dye sub. and its fading after heating!!!!!
    i mean when i heat the color will be really bright and sharp,but when i took peel off,over 50% of color will stick to transfer sheet!

i also couldnt find any profile for dye sub and flock it has been a year now!!