Activity Feed Forums Sign Making Discussions Off Topic Chat Soccer World Cup 2010

• Soccer World Cup 2010

Posted by Warren Beard on November 27, 2007 at 2:59 pm

Before you say anything best you know now that in South Africa it is called soccer :lol1:

Another thing you might need to know is due to the useless government the country is running out of electricity and every night the power gets shut down for about 2 hours to keep up with demand.

The picture below is what the 2010 world cup will be like.

No jokes 😮

While the government increases the charges for the wealthy to give free electricity to the townships it only makes matters worse 😕

Attachments:

Warren Beard replied 14 years, 4 months ago 5 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Andy Gorman

November 27, 2007 at 3:52 pm

That would suit our players down to the ground.

Most of ’em are bloody blind anyway.

• Martin Cole

November 27, 2007 at 3:55 pm

Blimey 😮 surley they would loose their balance carrying those mag lites.

Anyway, I reckon England will win the world cup cup in 2010
    :rofl: :rofl:

only as long as we don’t get Croatia in the qualifiers
    :rofl: :rofl:

• Harry Cleary

November 27, 2007 at 4:47 pm
    quote Martin Cole:

Anyway, I reckon England will win the world cup cup in 2010

🙄 🙄 🙄

It is just before the England v Brazil match. Ronaldinho goes into the
    Brazilian changing room to find all his teammates looking a bit glum.

"What’s up?" he asks.

"Well, we’re having trouble getting motivated for this game. We know it’s
    important but it’s only England. They’re sh*te and we can’t be bothered."

Ronaldinho looks at them and says, "Well, I reckon I can beat them by
    myself. You lads go down the pub."

So Ronaldinho goes out to play England by himself and the rest of the
    Brazilian team go off for a few jars.

After a few pints they wonder how the game is going, so they get the
    landlord to put the teletext on. A big cheer goes up as the screen reads "
    Brazil 1 – England 0 (Ronaldinho 10 minutes)". He is beating England all by
    himself!

Anyway, a few pints later and the game is forgotten until someone remembers,
    "It must be full time now, let’s see how he got on." They put the teletext
    on.

"Result from the Stadium ‘Brazil 1 (Ronaldinho 10 minutes) – England 1
    (Lampard 89 minutes)."

They can’t believe it; he has single-handedly got a draw against England!!
    They rush back to the Stadium to congratulate Ronaldinho. They find him
    in the dressing room, still in his gear, sitting with his head in his hands.

He refuses to look at them. "I’ve let you down, I’ve let you down."

"Don’t be daft, you got a draw against England, all by yourself. And
    they only scored at the very, very end!"

"No, no, I have, I’ve let you down. I got sent off after 12 minutes."

😀 😀

• David Rowland

November 27, 2007 at 4:48 pm

should be alright like this

• Warren Beard

January 18, 2010 at 6:50 pm

on a serious note this is the latest news off Yahoo, let me take this opportunity to say thank you to the UK for allowing me to be here;

Police are hunting two men whose threats on a television programme to kill and rob fans at June’s World Cup have alarmed authorities worried South Africa’s reputation for violence will deter foreign visitors.

An interview with the two self-styled criminals on the private television channel eTV caused uproar with both Police Minister Nathi Mthethwa and Commissioner Bheki Cele condemning the station.

The men, whose faces were concealed, said in a weekend programme that they would commit armed robberies and murder during the month-long soccer spectacular which is expected to attract 450,000 foreign fans. They said this was justified as revenge for colonial wrongs.

Mthethwa said the two men could be arrested for intimidation and face charges carrying up to 20 years imprisonment. Cele, who has encouraged a shoot-to-kill policy against violent criminals, demanded that eTV identify the men and give details of their location.

The police minister said the repeated showing of the interview was sensationalist and encouraged crime and a climate of "fear and hysteria."

"It further provides an unwanted public platform for thugs and criminals to serve to undermine South Africa’s efforts to ensure a safe and secure 2010 FIFA World Cup," he said.

He assured foreign visitors that the World Cup would be safe.

eTV defended the programme, saying it was good investigative journalism that did not glorify criminals.

South African and World Cup officials are sensitive about violence, which is one of the biggest concerns around the tournament. The country has one of the world’s highest rates of violent crime, with 50 murders a day.

Chief World Cup organiser Danny Jordaan last week angrily dismissed repeated suggestions that the ambush of the Togolese football team at the African Nations Cup in Angola had sharpened the threat of violence at the tournament.