Activity Feed Forums Printing Discussions Mimaki Printers Sizing Issue advice? Mimaki CJV300-130 / Rasterlink

• Sizing Issue advice? Mimaki CJV300-130 / Rasterlink

Posted by Jodie Mardens on February 16, 2016 at 2:42 pm

Hi everybody.

I print alot of advertising for buses in London.
    I have started having a problem with the sizing of the file which I havent had before.

I size the file up in Illustrator and open it up in Rasterlink and check the size in there – which is correct.
    But when it is printed I seem to be loosing around 100mm every meter on the length and around 10mm on the width.

But it isn’t consistant so I cant just size it slightly bigger to compensate for this… So I am having to ‘guess’ which isnt helpful. The technicians havent been able to help much.
    Any ideas?

Would be very much appreciated

Thanks

Jodie

Anthony Rowlands replied 8 years, 1 month ago 4 Members · 12 Replies
  • 12 Replies
  • Kevin Flowers

February 16, 2016 at 5:31 pm

Hi
    don’t run Rasterlink but played with it a few years ago, however common problem in instances like this is tht you have altered the scale function to less than 100%

I’m sure if you say hello in the Hello section a few more members will come along who may be Mimaki owners who can advise in a little more detail

Kev

• Jodie Mardens

February 17, 2016 at 11:21 am

Hi Kevin,

many thanks for your reply!

I have actually scaled it to 107% but i may have a play around with this and test it.

I dont seem to be able too write in the hello section? I’ll keep trying.

Thanks

Jodie

• Kevin Flowers

February 17, 2016 at 2:06 pm

Jodie
    just a thought have you checked to see if there is a scaling option in the printer menu itself that may be got altered by mistake. If the length & width correspond to each other eg both are out by 10% etc then it will be a scaling problem somewhere.

Don’t know why you are having problems in the Hello section but if you make a new post and say hello in this section admin will move it mention you could not post in the correct forum and they will find out why

Kev

• Robert Lambie

February 18, 2016 at 8:01 pm

Hi Jodie

Welcome to the boards and thank you for taking the time to load your picture too, makes all the difference to your posts and the site on the whole.

Regarding your problem… I haven’t used Rasterlink so cannot advise there, sorry. However, I recall one of our lads having a very similar problem using ONYX RIP just recently and has sorted the issue now. I will ask him tomorrow and see if he can shed any light on it…

• Jodie Mardens

February 19, 2016 at 2:51 pm
    quote Robert Lambie:

Hi Jodie

Welcome to the boards and thank you for taking the time to load your picture too, makes all the difference to your posts and the site on the whole.

Regarding your problem… I haven’t used Rasterlink so cannot advise there, sorry. However, I recall one of our lads having a very similar problem using ONYX RIP just recently and has sorted the issue now. I will ask him tomorrow and see if he can shed any light on it…

Thanks Robert, its great to be involved!!

That would be great if you could ask him.

Thanks Kev also – I looked on the machine menu and there wasn’t anything there to do with scaling.

Thanks for the comments, very much appreciated.

Jodie

• Robert Lambie

February 20, 2016 at 3:13 pm

Hi Jodie

I asked our lad who has just started using ONYX rip what his issue was with sizing.
    Basically, he said when he opened a large file in ONYX, preparing to RIP it, it was fine, but when changed the DPI/Passes of the print output before RIP, the dimensions of the print dropped in size. To resolve this he said there is a button in the software "revert to original" or something like that… and it re-adjusts ready to print.
    I know your using Rasterlink but thought i would mention it in the off chance it is something similar.

• Jodie Mardens

February 22, 2016 at 4:05 pm

Hi Robert,

Thanks for asking for me I appreciate that!

I can’t find anything similar as of yet but I shall keep looking! Thank you!!

Jodie

• Jodie Mardens

March 16, 2016 at 8:41 am

SO…it turns out the electrical board in my machine was faulty!
    which was causing me lots of sizing issues plus various other issues.

The new one has been installed… and i havent had any problems. Touch wood

• Robert Lambie

March 16, 2016 at 11:11 am

thanks for updating the end of this thread with the outcome Jodie, much appreciated.

• Anthony Rowlands

March 16, 2016 at 12:39 pm

Hi Jodie

Can I ask how old your printer is as we’ve been having a similar issue and had an engineer out on Monday who said that it’s an issue with the x motor and sync belt but not worth replacing them without replacing the printhead as we’re missing a couple of bars at the bottom of it but it’s not bad enough to replace unless there’s no other way of fixing it as the quality is fine?

• Jodie Mardens

March 17, 2016 at 1:01 pm
    quote Anthony Rowlands:

Hi Jodie

Can I ask how old your printer is as we’ve been having a similar issue and had an engineer out on Monday who said that it’s an issue with the x motor and sync belt but not worth replacing them without replacing the printhead as we’re missing a couple of bars at the bottom of it but it’s not bad enough to replace unless there’s no other way of fixing it as the quality is fine?

Hi Anthony

We got our printer May last year. so not very old!
    I had been having various problems including sizing, the quality of fine print and also lining up white under black.

I have had the X motor replaced and also the electrical board. Aparently there has been a batch of faulty boards – mine being one of them.
    Maybe this is something that needs to be checked? The boards have a pink or blue sticker. I can’t for the life of me remember which colour is the faulty colour though .. so sorry! But which ever colour we had we had to change to the other colour.

Are you still under warrenty?

Jodie

• Anthony Rowlands

March 17, 2016 at 4:34 pm

Thanks Jodie, our machine is almost 6 years old so probably not the same issue as you but will mention it to them just in case as not keen to spend the money on the new printhead just yet.