Activity Feed Forums Printing Discussions HP Printers Silver or gold media for L26500

• Silver or gold media for L26500

Posted by Peter Johnson on November 17, 2015 at 1:04 pm

Has anyone been able to source silver or gold vinyl for printing on a Latex machine? I know it is available for solvent/eco-solvent printers, but haven’t yet managed to find some for Latex machines (due to the heating temps etc).

Peter Johnson replied 8 years, 3 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Peter Wynne

November 17, 2015 at 1:16 pm

We have a 26500 and unfortunately we couldn’t find any chrome/metallic vinyl to suit our machine.

The best thing we could do was to just print and cut the lettering (or images) on white vinyl and mount that on top of the silver/gold vinyl. gives the same effect really!

Other option is to buy short rolls of silver/gold vinyl (I know MDP supplies do a range), and just try it. It recommends a maximum temp of 80 degrees, but that’s no to say that it won’t work at a higher temp. We’ve regularly turned curing temps higher than advised on certain substrates (roller banner for one) to give what we believe are better results. It voids any manufacturer warranty with the substrate but if it’s a test on a short run then you’ve not really lost much!

Let me know if you do manage to source anything!

• Peter Johnson

January 14, 2016 at 6:47 pm

Thought I would just finish off this little post in case anyone else was interested.

I did as suggested and have successfully printed onto some Ritrama series L&M vinyl without any major issues. I used a standard profile for self-adhesive vinyl and everything went okay.

But just to clarify, I was only trying to print black onto the gold/silver after someone asked me if I could make some silver decals with a black outline. So, just for that purpose, this was a good, cheap and cost-effective solution.