Activity Feed Forums Sign Making Discussions General Sign Topics SignUK 2006 -See the VIDEO now!

• SignUK 2006 -See the VIDEO now!

Posted by .News on June 13, 2006 at 2:11 am

Sign UK, Outdoor Media, Digital Expo & Screenprint 2006
    9-11 May 2006 – Halls 17 & 18, NEC, Birmingham

SignUK 2006

In the past I would normally type up a bit of a report about the Sign Show along with a selection of pictures. Knowing fine well that every magazine on the go will be doing the exact same thing over the coming weeks, I decided to try and do something a little bit different… a Video!

I had to make a delivery of some roll-up stands for uksignboards.com to be on display at the show. Arriving 2 days early, all the exhibitors were still in the process of building their stands. A side to the show I had never seen before, and a bit of an eye-opener at the work and expense that goes into setting up an exhibition of this size.
    What better time to start recording? ๐Ÿ˜‰

I continued recording on day 2 within the Bar area where lots of UKSB Members met up for a drink. Meeting up again that night in the Holiday Inn for a meal, drinks and to continue chatting into the small hoursโ€ฆ.

Day three, what can I say? The camera shakes are a result of the brilliant night we had priorโ€ฆ honest! ๐Ÿ˜ณ Walking around in a daze, head bangingโ€ฆ I did my best to keep the camera rolling, whilst guzzling a bottle of water every 5 minutes. Thinking back, its no wonder some guys looked at me as if I was daft when I asked โ€œcould you turn that router down a bit mate?โ€ well… either that or it was my pale green face and blood shot eyesโ€ฆ :vomit:

Anyway, have a look at some of the video footage taken. I have did my best to cut and edit it all, to squeeze as much as I could into the smallest file size possible, without loosing quality or creating a massive file to download.

The following footage is hosted on our Video โ€œStreamingโ€ server. So only aboat 10 seconds will be needed to wait before the video begins to play via windows media player. ๐Ÿ˜€

The footage lasts just over 7 minutes.

You โ€œWillโ€ need sound(-music)

If you do NOT have a broadband connection, simply download the video and โ€œsave itโ€ onto your computer. Once downloaded, you may view it uninterrupted, as much as you wish.

Robert Lambie

"Click Here and Watch the video"

George Elsmore replied 17 years, 3 months ago 20 Members · 40 Replies
  • 40 Replies
  • Carrie Brown

June 13, 2006 at 9:33 am

Dont have speakers in work and I keep getting an error message about my media is not installed correctly …. so I shall watch it later when I get home!!!

๐Ÿ˜€

• Jill Marie Welsh

June 13, 2006 at 11:48 am

๐Ÿ™
    Me neither Carrie…sez insert removeable media disc or something.
    And I haven’t had speakers since last year.
    Why do I need to watch this? I was there for crying out loud.
    It was a blast too.
    love….jill

• Robert Lambie

June 13, 2006 at 11:54 am

the file is basic "windows media file" the player comes as standard with windows, so should play on virtually any computer.

if there is an issue where some may require a plugin i can have a link loaded tonight. ๐Ÿ˜€

• Dave Bruce

June 13, 2006 at 12:03 pm

Jill it is good to see you in the ‘flesh’ so to speak, and you are moving instead of a static head/shoulders, you look very cuddlyable ๐Ÿ™‚

Cheers

Dave

When I did exhibitions I was always amazed at the setting up too Rob, and could not believe the wastage at the end of it, skip loads.

• Nick Minall

June 13, 2006 at 12:05 pm

If you right click on the link > save target as > down load file > double click the file on your pc and it will play ok.

Nick

• David Rowland

June 13, 2006 at 12:14 pm

Windows Media Player download is here, most modern computers have it installed.

• Marcella Ross

June 13, 2006 at 1:24 pm

I got to view it no problem!

Only one criticism tho ….. seems to have been filmed from knee height (!) ๐Ÿ˜‰ ๐Ÿ˜€

• Dave Bruce

June 13, 2006 at 3:03 pm

ooow Marcella, your getting as bad as those girls on BB :lol1:

Dave

• Jayne Marsh

June 13, 2006 at 3:27 pm

Good video, it was great to see you Jill, I was disapointed I couldnt make it last minute. Jill was the only one I recognised from the video, oh and I think I spotted one other lady!

• David Rowland

June 13, 2006 at 4:31 pm

I am in it Jayne!
    lots r!

• Dave Bruce

June 13, 2006 at 4:38 pm

Didn’t see you Dave but saw Lynn/Peter, Dawn/John(I think), John from Irvine(I think) and a strange wee fella wriggling in the corner!

Dave

• David Rowland

June 13, 2006 at 4:42 pm

im next to the guy who sticking his fingers up.. wearing a heavy brown jacket which was a bad move bringing the jacket as I was sweating!

• Jill Marie Welsh

June 13, 2006 at 7:26 pm

I did download the thingy…here is what I get:

quote :

Windows Media Player cannot play this file. Connect to the Internet or insert the removable media on which the file is located, and then try to play the file again.

But I’m glad to be considered cuddlyable!
    love….jill

• Richard Urquhart

June 13, 2006 at 7:47 pm

rob thanks for posting the vid
    as you know its been 4 years and im yet to make a sign show so this was my first look and i will be there next year for sure

thanks rich

• Lynn Normington

June 13, 2006 at 7:57 pm

Rich you had better be or I will come looking for you ๐Ÿ˜›

Lynn

• Robert Lambie

June 13, 2006 at 8:36 pm

not sure where the probs are coming from jill… ill see if i can suss something out. never had any problems viewing this file type before…
    in fact, do me a favour and see if you can view the video of me applying vinyl in the rain. i know you could do that before & thats the "exact" same format as these. so if you cant now, then it maybe a glitch on your system. ๐Ÿ˜•

rich, thank you… i know my videoing handy work needs a bit of work ๐Ÿ˜ณ :lol1: but it was the easiest way for me to bring a bt of the show back to the boards other than the old text and pictures route. ๐Ÿ˜€
    i actually thought you would have been there… never mind. ill buy you a pint next year.. ๐Ÿ˜‰ "did i just say that out loud? ๐Ÿ˜ฎ "

as for folk from the site in the video… there is actually lots, but probably due to the way the video was taken and some folk looking a bit different from their avatars. it is hard to tell who is who. :lol1:
    i think one of the closest views of anyone was phill hailing sitting at a table as the camera turns to him. hes wearing pink or peach top….
    the others… hell… where do i start? ๐Ÿ˜ฎ
    peter and lynn are easy to spot, andrew boyle, martin cole, dave lowrie "walking by camera in cream suite jacket" mike grant, leaning on bar with yellow bag, paul meadows at bar on stool, talking to john and marcella.
    then just behind marcella in black shirt is Peter Mindham, john and dawn roddick… oh need i go on :lol1: try spotting them yourself… im right in corner hiding after the round from hell, sitting with john wilson, jillbeans, George Elsmore, lorraine clinch, adam mcguire, john childs, etc etc
    oh and big dave rowland is in there twice i think, right at start and end, hes standing next to paul franklin "giving me the fingers" :lol1: next to roy roffey and some others… i think john singh is standing there there too… as was nigel from graityp, you might have spotted him? like i say, there is lots… beleive me… :lol1: :lol1:

• Nicola McIntosh

June 13, 2006 at 8:49 pm

great video rob…but mines stops at 5mins 19 sec hope theres nothing really good after that ๐Ÿ˜•

nik

• Peter Normington

June 13, 2006 at 8:58 pm

That’l be just before Marcella did a naked pole dance then!

Peter

• Marcella Ross

June 13, 2006 at 9:04 pm
    quote Peter Normington:

That’l be just before Marcella did a naked pole dance then!

Peter

๐Ÿ˜ฎ just choked on my drink there Peter! :lol1: …. anyway, you know that’s not true, I couldn’t find a pole big enough!!! ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜‰

• Peter Normington

June 13, 2006 at 9:12 pm
    quote Robert Lambie:

dave lowrie “walking by camera in cream suite jacket”

was that a 2 a 3 piece suite Rob?

๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€

peter

• Robert Lambie

June 13, 2006 at 9:13 pm

๐Ÿ˜ณ

:tongue:

• Peter Normington

June 13, 2006 at 9:17 pm

Or perhaps you meant a "sweet" jacket
    ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€

Peter

• Carrie Brown

June 13, 2006 at 9:43 pm

Yes, good vid … but can we see the unedited footage??? :lol1:

I couldnt play the vid at work, kept getting errors, but at home it has loaded fine. I spotted, Peter, Lynn, Jill, Rob and John … and I think I saw the rear of Marcella at the bar??

๐Ÿ˜€

• Nicola McIntosh

June 13, 2006 at 9:56 pm
    quote Carrie Brown:

and I think I saw the rear of Marcella at the bar??

i heard her before i saw her :lol1: :lol1: (laughing her head off) ๐Ÿ˜‰

nik

• Peter Normington

June 13, 2006 at 9:56 pm
    quote Carrie Brown:

I think I saw the rear of Marcella at the bar?? ๐Ÿ˜€

How could you not spot her shapely derrier?

Peter

• Mike Grant

June 13, 2006 at 10:29 pm

My son had great fun stopping the video whenever he saw me :lol1:
    ๐Ÿ™„ Little things please little minds ๐Ÿ™„

At least the wife now has proof that I was there and not fooling around like I told her ๐Ÿ˜ณ

:lol1: :lol1: :lol1: :lol1:

• Nancy Wannous

June 14, 2006 at 12:29 am

Interesting show Thank you for showing us.
    Nancy

• Jill Marie Welsh

June 14, 2006 at 1:30 am

Yay!
    I took Nick’s advice and finally could see it.
    Nice to see the stuff I didn’t look at then.
    But the people were by far the best part of the show.
    love….Jill

• Andrew Bennett

June 14, 2006 at 1:53 pm
    quote Marcella:

anyway, you know that’s not true, I couldn’t find a pole big enough!!! ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜‰

Too much information ๐Ÿ˜€

Love the video.

• John Simpson

June 19, 2006 at 4:30 pm

Good video Rob, as i didn’t caught on it, just need to "Pan" a bit slower as it makes me dizzy.

L J

• Paul Wilson

February 1, 2007 at 11:36 am

Hi all, missed it last year but I’m definitely gonna be there this year ๐Ÿ™‚ Looks pretty slick to be honest

• Robert Lambie

February 1, 2007 at 11:42 am

good to hear mate, you should meet up with the rest of us… its a good laugh. :lol1:

• Harry Cleary

February 1, 2007 at 12:07 pm

Rob I emailed you requesting details, if you could send them asap as i want to take advantage of RiotAir’s very attractive offers, even if I have to start the plane myself! ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€

• Robert Lambie

February 1, 2007 at 2:29 pm

๐Ÿ˜ณ hmmm i thought ide replied harry, sorry mate… ill resend when i get home tonight. ๐Ÿ˜€

• Harry Cleary

February 1, 2007 at 2:39 pm

Cheers Rob

• Martin Cole

February 1, 2007 at 3:01 pm
    quote Harry Cleary:

Rob I emailed you requesting details, if you could send them asap as i want to take advantage of RiotAir’s very attractive offers, even if I have to start the plane myself! ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€

Be good to meet you if you can make it Harry ๐Ÿ˜€

• George Elsmore

February 1, 2007 at 3:05 pm

you wouldn’t remember if you had met harry anyway your always kaylied Martinos!!! :lol1: :lol1:

• Harry Cleary

February 1, 2007 at 3:06 pm

Looking forward to it Martin, as long as the wife doesnt get to read Jeremy Clarkson ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€
    I bet Rob Lambie is bigger in real life too!!!

• Martin Cole

February 1, 2007 at 3:11 pm
    quote Harry Cleary:

I bet Rob Lambie is bigger in real life too!!!

:shake: How much on it Harry :shake: ๐Ÿ˜€

Georgio me boy, I can’t remember stands or a bar, infact what sign show (<(

• George Elsmore

February 1, 2007 at 3:14 pm

I may indulge in a pint myself this time and not drink fanta especially coz Marcella owes me a squillion beers!!!! ๐Ÿ˜€