Activity Feed Forums Sign Making Discussions Off Topic Chat Signs Express £600 M2

• Signs Express £600 M2

Posted by Paul Munford on September 4, 2013 at 10:54 am

While up in Aberdeen this weekend fitting graphics for a trade show we managed to "loose" a small printed vinyl. With no other option than to call the local signmakers first thing in the morning to see if they could print one off s/a vinyl 520mm x 164mm at some point that day and we could send a taxi to collect when ready. I called Signs Express in Aberdeen. I explained my position and that we were also a trade supplier and with little time to ring around as we had a stand to build and graphic up they aggreed that they could print the file and would charge £55.00.
    I appreciate this is not a huge amount of money for a same day service (ordered at 9am and collected at 2pm) and it certainly got us out of trouble on the day. Now back in the workshop and the dust has settled I have given this some thought and if my calculations are correct this works out to be over six hundred pounds a square metre for printed vinyl!!

David Rogers replied 10 years, 8 months ago 7 Members · 9 Replies
  • 9 Replies
  • David Hammond

September 4, 2013 at 11:34 am

Or maybe that’s just their minimum order value. We operate a similar thing depending on the customer.

• Phill Fenton

September 4, 2013 at 11:54 am

You really shouldn’t complain – they helped dig you out of a hole at short notice. And it’s their time you are paying for not a tiny amount of print. Minium orders are common place to cover time to process any order no matter how small.

Gawd – I’m starting to sound like Peter Normington 😕

• Paul Munford

September 4, 2013 at 12:11 pm

Guys points taken…
    I hadnt considered a minimum order charge. We dont charge one, never have and never will.. as most jobs that drop in can be worked in around what we are doing anyway…..it was more an observation than a moan! and we were most definately grateful to get the job done…

• Craig Brown

September 4, 2013 at 1:12 pm

Hi Paul

Knowing the guys at Aberdeen very well (to be clear I’m part of the Head office team at Signs Express) I would have hoped they would have been very clear about the price up front so as to give you a choice.

Like others have pointed out the short notice and minimum order value have no doubt come into play – but having said all that I would hate to think anyone feels as though they have had their leg lifted so feel free to contact me directly to discuss further.

Kindest regards – Craig

• Paul Munford

September 4, 2013 at 1:25 pm

Craig,
    No need to discuss further! As stated this was just an observation…personally If I were contacted for such a small print at short notice it would have been considerably cheaper than 55 quid! but then again we dont have a minimum order charge and I appreciate some do.
    Lets leave it there…

• Craig Brown

September 4, 2013 at 1:27 pm

No problem Paul and appreciate the response, all the best – Craig

• John Singh

September 4, 2013 at 9:51 pm

Signs Express!
    They did it the same day!

• Tracey Vaughan

September 6, 2013 at 6:58 pm

more expensive than gold 😀 LOL

• David Rogers

September 7, 2013 at 1:51 am

Like many people here. I don’t really see the problem.

National company franchise, 5 hours from order….£55 isn’t so bad.

Certainly more than I’d charge but it’s about supply and demand…you pays your money…you makes your choice.