• Sign UK 2011

Posted by Martin Cole on April 6, 2011 at 1:36 pm

Just been speaking to Georgio, who is going and Dave Lowery. Anyone else going to meet in the bar at 1.00 as is tradition??

I missed last year and am going to make a good effort to go to this one.

Won’t be the same without JC, who I know absolutely loved meeting up with everyone, but will raise a glass to him.

Anyone else aiming to go??

John Harding replied 13 years ago 32 Members · 67 Replies
  • 67 Replies
  • David Rowland

April 6, 2011 at 3:14 pm

I am "trying" to get there… although another busy week is predicted!

• Craig Brown

April 6, 2011 at 3:22 pm

Going to be there Tuesday (some time at the CV show) and Wednesday – but not in the bar I’m afraid (being made to work for a living…it will never catch on you know)

• David Rowland

April 6, 2011 at 3:33 pm
    quote Craig Brown:

Going to be there Tuesday (some time at the CV show) and Wednesday – but not in the bar I’m afraid (being made to work for a living…it will never catch on you know)

Curriculum Vitae show?

• Craig Brown

April 6, 2011 at 3:42 pm
    quote Dave Rowland:

Curriculum Vitae show?

:lol1: :lol1: :lol1:

Commercial Vehicle Show – we have a stand there.

• Harry Cleary

April 6, 2011 at 3:57 pm
    quote Martin Cole:

Won’t be the same without JC, who I know absolutely loved meeting up with everyone, but will raise a glass to him.

It sure won’t be the same Martin….had some great conversations with him over a ciggie or two. Raise a glass to him unfortunately I won’t make it this year. 🙁

• John Wilson

April 6, 2011 at 4:13 pm

I doubt i’ll be going this year either…. unless it’s a day trip and i have a child with me 😕

• Jill Marie Welsh

April 6, 2011 at 4:14 pm

I’m babysitting my grandson.
    Going to James Kelly’s meet next July (2012) tho!
    Love….Jill

• David Rogers

April 6, 2011 at 4:21 pm

We should be there (me & Kamran) on the Wednesday if all goes to plan…and we’re not running around like idiots with too much work…or lack thereof!

• John Harding

April 6, 2011 at 4:22 pm

im going thursday rather than the wed norm

John 😀

• Martin Cole

April 6, 2011 at 4:23 pm
    quote Jill Marie Welsh:

I’m babysitting my grandson.
    Going to James Kelly’s meet next July (2012) tho!
    Love….Jill

May see you then Jill..as you keep saying it’s your last trip across the pond…don’t be so silly your still a youngster, plenty of visits in you yet girl…just paying for them is the slight hitch 😕

Harry…maybe we will catch up again one day too.

Could be me G and Dave propping up the bar

• Kevin Flowers

April 6, 2011 at 5:10 pm

I hopefully be there Wednesdasy, maybe a quick shandy @ lunch time got to drive back hope to see a few of you there.

Kev

• Peter Normington

April 6, 2011 at 5:16 pm

I doubt I will make it this year, but will try.
    sadly the the days of the big meet up with other signboard members, appear to be over,

Peter

• Lorraine Clinch

April 6, 2011 at 8:40 pm

I am probably not going to go this year either, mainly due to it falling this year in the middle of the Easter holidays, so too busy to leave the pub, plus work at the shop is going mad with orders.
    I would have enjoyed a lunchtime bevy or two with ‘the crew’ though!

Lorraine

• Chris Wool

April 6, 2011 at 8:57 pm

trying to go on the Thursday.

• Martin Gray

April 6, 2011 at 10:06 pm

Me and my brother are coming down this year again on Wednesday. wasn’t going to but because of the commercial vehicle show thought it would kill two birds with one stone.

Its a shame there isnt going to be the same kind of turn out as my first year. it was great having a sit down meal with some of the members. i was like a sponge trying to soaking up all the information 😀

Martin

• Ian Johnston

April 6, 2011 at 10:43 pm
    quote Craig Brown:

going on the Tuesday too, didn’t realise CV show was on , added bonus

• George Elsmore

April 7, 2011 at 7:16 am

I will definitely be there, cv show? can you just walk in?

• Gareth Hankinson

April 7, 2011 at 7:57 am

Myself and Derek Heron will be there Tuesday & Wed.

I’m there all week got a stand to build in the next hall for RS Components, kill two birds with one stone :O)

• Derek Heron

April 7, 2011 at 8:13 am

hope ime not the other bird your on about killing

😮 😮

• Gareth Hankinson

April 7, 2011 at 8:46 am

If you snore like you normally do they just maybe i will (:)

• Robert Lambie

April 7, 2011 at 9:24 am

I will be there as per usual. I will be arriving day one and leaving around 6pm day three.

I have various meetings on the three days with suppliers and so on, but those will be spread during the day, over the 3 days.

other than that, ill be in the BAR having a laugh with all those attending. already have had various folk contact me regarding dinner and drinks in the evenings, so anyone staying over is more than welcome to join us.

Hope to see you there! 😀

• Steve Pugsley

April 7, 2011 at 7:10 pm

Wednesday for me

• Martin Gray

April 7, 2011 at 7:30 pm

Anybody wanting to see the CV show can register for a fast track entry here

http://www.cvshow.com/webcontent/for-visitors/

Martin

• Gary Birch

April 8, 2011 at 7:33 am

Hopefully will be there either Tuesday or Wednesday afternoon. Got a couple of jobs to do in Rugby & Banbury then gonna head up to show.

Cheers

Gary

• Colin Crow

April 8, 2011 at 4:44 pm

Thursday for us – I think the wife is coming to make sure I dont buy anything else!

Colin

• Robert Lambie

April 8, 2011 at 7:29 pm

Will be good to meet you all for a drink guys. Each day of the show around 1pm we always all end up in the bar area. Lol

• Roy Roffey

April 8, 2011 at 7:34 pm

[quote="Robert Lambie"]Will be good to meet you all for a drink guys. Each day of the show around 1pm we always all end up in the bar area. Lol[/quote

that’s just a rumour rob!!!

• Neil Davey

April 10, 2011 at 3:01 pm

Probably going up on Wednesday for a couple hours.

We’re really lacking a cutter for boards etc so we’ll see if there are any deals on.

As I get older I seem to be growing fonder of my fingers 😉

• Nicola McIntosh

April 10, 2011 at 3:06 pm

……

• David Rowland

April 10, 2011 at 5:16 pm
    quote Nicola McIntosh:

……

what she said

• Neil Davey

April 10, 2011 at 5:23 pm
    quote Dave Rowland:

quote Nicola McIntosh:

……

what she said

What she and he said……… 😕

Too much sun and beer me thinks 😀

• Ruairi O'Boyle

April 11, 2011 at 9:36 am

Thursday for me.

• Russell Huffer

April 11, 2011 at 10:56 am

Thursday for me also.

Kind regards

Russell.

• Nicola McIntosh

April 11, 2011 at 7:47 pm
    quote Dave Rowland:

quote Nicola McIntosh:

……

what she said

trust you to notice…. :lol1: :lol1: i went to edit a post but it went iffy 😀

• John Singh

April 11, 2011 at 7:52 pm

Sadly I can’t make it this year as it clashes with other important events
    Would loved to have met up with folk

• David Rowland

April 11, 2011 at 8:15 pm

Looks like Thursday is our day now… gonna conflict with big job

• John Harding

April 11, 2011 at 9:36 pm

see you in the bar Dave 😀

• Phill Fenton

April 11, 2011 at 9:40 pm

I’m washing my hair this week so I can’t make it I’m afraid 😕

• Nicola McIntosh

April 11, 2011 at 9:54 pm

i wont be there either this year…..too much uni work to finish just remember to send the pics in 😉 (especially drunken ones) so I can get a laugh this year :lol1: :lol1:

nik

• Robert Lambie

April 11, 2011 at 9:58 pm

Ill be arriving at the Hotel around 1.30pm tomoorrow afternoon. gonna check in, have lunch, skip the show and live in the bar for the next 3 days. if you see me lying on the floor in a heap, give me a wee kick and say helloo, wont you? 😉 :lol1: :lol1:

only joking of course…

far too many intresting clubs in the city to hogg the bar talking about bloody signs. :lol1: :lol1: :lol1:

• George Elsmore

April 12, 2011 at 7:13 am

decided to go today as well and take in the cv show…and tomorrow too 😀

• Chris Windebank

April 12, 2011 at 7:32 am

might go just for a quick look wednesday and a pint

• George Elsmore

April 12, 2011 at 7:35 am

see you their Chris (drink1)

• David Lowery

April 12, 2011 at 7:58 am
    quote George Elsmore:

decided to go today as well and take in the cv show…and tomorrow too 😀

That means the bar will be dry for Wednesday 🙄

• David Rogers

April 12, 2011 at 7:46 pm

Heading off at stupid-o’clock tonight for the drive down to arrive am.

See you chaps there tomorrow.

Dave

• Neil Davey

April 12, 2011 at 9:38 pm

Just read that The Gadget Show is at the NEC tomorrow so likely to be very busy with around 20,000 extra visitors. 😕

• Hugh Potter

April 12, 2011 at 11:44 pm

i’ve been trying to justify the expense of going up today (wed’s) but, with an 18th birthday meal (10+ heads) to pay for thursday night for my oldest lad, a party/hotel on fri night, and an away day in London for my RFC’s cup game, I just can’t do it!

have a great time guys.

Hugh

• Derek Heron

April 13, 2011 at 4:13 am

heading down today will pop into bar area around 1 for a hello

derek

• David Rowland

April 13, 2011 at 6:18 pm

we are set for tomorrow Thurs
    see whoever is going

• Derek Heron

April 13, 2011 at 6:31 pm

been today
    spent up
    but left you a drink on the bar dave you wont miss it umbrellas straws fruit the lot enjoy

Derek

• David Rogers

April 13, 2011 at 7:28 pm

We were up today after driving down at 4am. A little dissapointed in the show as not much ‘buzz’ about the place. Made a few new contacts though and met up with some suppliers. Despite it being 2 years since last visit not much new in the market. All in all a day out. Worth the drive. Just knackered!

• Kevin Flowers

April 13, 2011 at 10:56 pm

Been to the show today, lot more UV flat beds on show this time watched a Russian made machine print on water creating a perfect image on the water, quite amazing. Also looked at the new Roland 500mm wide desk top print & cut machine, i think this year is going to see a lot more sign makers getting into print & cut cause this machine as a price tag of £5000. Although i think the machine is aimed at t-shirt shops, the quality is same as the larger machines.
    They also had a 64" UV flatbed a bigger version of the LEC looked interesting for printing direct to board up to 13mm but hefty £40,000 price tag at the moment but would like to get a chance to look at it in more depth. The 3rd machine i saw on there stand was a small format printer, watched it print direct to a photo frame & looked at other samples but think its aimed more at the promotional market but allowed some good stuff to be printed on as 1 off’s. Steel Track was a good demo as well i thought it would take a lot more effort to groove for trays but was surprised at how little effort it took & how quick it was. Watched a bit of wrapping on a few of the stall but wasn’t as good as i was hoping this year. \\\\may be some others saw something i didn’t & will share.

Kev

• Martin Cole

April 14, 2011 at 1:58 pm

Alass I didn’t make to the show 🙁

Unavoidably spent the day travelling round the south east fitting signs instead,

Apologies to my mate Georgeio who rang to see where I was.

Quite disappointed as was looking forward to it and meeting up with some members.

Maybe next year now 😕

• Chris Windebank

April 14, 2011 at 2:43 pm

took me an hour to get in yesterday with the Gadget Show next door. Bumped into Daniel Evans and Dan Piddington but saw no one at the bar I knew.
    Not a bad show though, much smaller than 2 years ago but was some quality stands

• John Wilson

April 14, 2011 at 2:57 pm
    quote Martin Cole:

Alass I didn’t make to the show 🙁

Unavoidably spent the day travelling round the south east fitting signs instead,

Apologies to my mate Georgeio who rang to see where I was.

Quite disappointed as was looking forward to it and meeting up with some members.

Maybe next year now 😕

Yeah i’m the same, just didn’t make it down due to other things but next year i’ll make sure I make it 100%!

• David Rowland

April 14, 2011 at 8:03 pm

i been

see Debbie, Nigel and crew and Grafi…

Saw no-one until I bumped into John Harding… lol

I was with my colleagues, we learnt a lot about machines and so forth and felt it was a good day, one my colleagues was looking for signage but was a little dissapointed that he didn’t find anything "new"

• Peter Normington

April 14, 2011 at 8:37 pm
    quote Dave Rowland:

i been

see Debbie, Nigel and crew and Grafi…

Saw no-one until I bumped into John Harding… lol

I was with my colleagues, we learnt a lot about machines and so forth and felt it was a good day, one my colleagues was looking for signage but was a little dissapointed that he didn’t find anything “new”

if your colleagues were looking for signage, they were in the wrong place mate,
    🙁
    Peter

• John Thomson

April 14, 2011 at 9:08 pm

We spent Tuesday and Wednesday there……. thoroughly enjoyed it as always…..made contact with some new suppliers and now love the idea of a laser engraver/cutter.

john

• Robert Lambie

April 14, 2011 at 11:05 pm

well ive just walked in the door. had a great few days and really enjoyed it.
    the show i think was possibly down sized. but i liked the smaller stands approach by the main suppliers. i felt a few years ago it was battle to see who had biggest stand. lots of very innovative products on the go. 3 days there and i know i still missed tons of stuff as a result of gabbing to folk and drinking in the bar. that said, i got all my meetings out the road and made some very good contacts in the process.

• Colin Crow

April 14, 2011 at 11:26 pm

Spent most of today there but didn’t see too much new and didn’t come away with my chequebook burning a hole in my pocket (a first). Good buzz to the show though and was impressed by hp latex printers. Now if only they could make it print & cut?

The only person I recognised was dave and he was too busy to interupt! Perhaps some of these avatars are a bit out of date 🙂

[/left]

• George Elsmore

April 15, 2011 at 7:09 am
    quote Chris Windebank:

took me an hour to get in yesterday with the Gadget Show next door. Bumped into Daniel Evans and Dan Piddington but saw no one at the bar I knew.
    Not a bad show though, much smaller than 2 years ago but was some quality stands

witch bar 😕

• Chris Windebank

April 15, 2011 at 7:29 am

tried 3 George, Whetherspoons being the last

• George Elsmore

April 15, 2011 at 7:31 am

me too but only met Dave Lowery(no surprise there) tramped around all 3 at 1pm ish shame i never spotted you Chris 😀

• David Lowery

April 15, 2011 at 7:33 am

Wetherspoons were 4 queues – 20 deep so ended up with George in the bar in the exhibition hall.
    Next time, lets have the exhibition hall near wetherspoons and cancel any other exhibition on that day :lol1:

• George Elsmore

April 15, 2011 at 7:38 am

did you win on the gambler Dave :lol1:

• David Lowery

April 15, 2011 at 7:43 am

Not this time 😥

• John Harding

April 15, 2011 at 8:08 am

good to see Dave although he was behaving himself and Rob also

what many of you dont realise is Rob never stops working- even this year he was researching venues for next years Outing :praise1: