Activity Feed Forums Sign Making Discussions General Sign Topics Sign & Digital 2019 whose going?

• Sign & Digital 2019 whose going?

Posted by Jean Oakley on March 28, 2019 at 11:30 am

Hi this seems to have passed me by this year and ive only just realised its next week. Ive not been for a few years so thought id pop down for the day. How often do most people go to these shows? Seems to be very quiet on this site re the show this year

KevinGaffney replied 5 years ago 14 Members · 21 Replies
  • 21 Replies
  • Colin Crabb

March 28, 2019 at 11:47 am

We’re going to attend on the Thursday, haven’t been in a very very long time.

Really want to see the Metamark special edition magazine at the show, as we’ve been featured ๐Ÿ˜†

• Jamie Wood

March 28, 2019 at 1:21 pm

Hoping to go this year, probably on the Wednesday.

• Stafford Cox

March 28, 2019 at 2:36 pm

Iโ€™m there again, stand D10.

• Jonathan feeney

March 28, 2019 at 6:29 pm

We are flying down on wednesday

• Hugh Potter

March 28, 2019 at 7:33 pm

If I go itโ€™ll be weds, a large ongoing rebrand weโ€™re doing has just dumped a load of extra stuff in the mix to be fitted on 4/5th !!!

• Warren Beard

March 28, 2019 at 7:59 pm

A few of us going Tuesday as enjoy the quieter atmosphere and the sales guys are still excited [emoji38]

• Robert Lambie

March 28, 2019 at 11:48 pm
    quote Warren Beard:

A few of us going Tuesday as enjoy the quieter atmosphere and the sales guys are still excited [emoji38]

๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜†

Rubbish…
    Warren cannot handle the bar area around 2 pm on Thursday. ๐Ÿ˜‰

I will be there around that time on Wednesday….and, if I meet you in Wotherspoon’s I promise to buy you a drink! :smiles:

• Joe Wigzell

March 29, 2019 at 9:30 am

I will be there on the Roland stand, and floating around too (all days)!

• John Thomson

March 31, 2019 at 12:35 pm

We are driving down early Wednesday morning….looking forward to it as I missed last year.

John

• Jamie Wood

April 3, 2019 at 8:45 am

Going Thursday now….

• John Thomson

April 4, 2019 at 1:52 pm

What did everyone think of the show?

I was a bid underwhelmed this year……lots of textile printers and large flatbed uv’s
    Quite a few exhibitors who are normally there were absent……mainly the smaller companies.

I’d be interested to hear what others thought.

John

• Jean Oakley

April 4, 2019 at 2:12 pm

I was dissapointed overall. I only go now ever other year as nothing new (for me anyway). Yes if youve got big bucks then lovely but as a small company it was all well out of my price range and unit size. Had hoped for a few more vinyl suppliers and always like to visit signgeer and see what new things theve come up with. I suppose once you have your wall mounted cutter your vinyl and media supplier theres not alot more to invest in. Maybe its looking back but im sure 15-20 years ago it was bigger brighter and had much more buzz about it.

• Jamie Wood

April 4, 2019 at 3:15 pm

Just got back. I thought it was reasonably interesting, but I agree, it was largely dominated by huge UV machines.

• David Hammond

April 4, 2019 at 5:06 pm

Didn’t bother going. Felt the same as you guys the last few times. We bought a new plotter there a few years ago, but I knew what I wanted before we went. The price was good, but worth the journey? Could probably have done it from the office over email.

When we first went loads of demo’s, it had an atmosphere.

Having seen the photos on Twitter from some suppliers, it looked pretty dead there. If I was in the market for a new machine, I may visit again.

• Kevin Mahoney

April 4, 2019 at 5:53 pm
    quote David Hammond:

Didn’t bother going. Felt the same as you guys the last few times. We bought a new plotter there a few years ago, but I knew what I wanted before we went. The price was good, but worth the journey? Could probably have done it from the office over email.

When we first went loads of demo’s, it had an atmosphere.

Having seen the photos on Twitter from some suppliers, it looked pretty dead there. If I was in the market for a new machine, I may visit again.

Same here David. Iโ€™m only 40 minutes down the road but the last couple of visits I went round like Pac-Man in 20 minutes. Unless I have 20 grand to spend, Iโ€™ve seen it all before.

• James Boden

April 5, 2019 at 10:44 am

I went yesterday but my expectations weren’t high so I wasn’t that disappointed. I do agree, year after year it has less buzz about it.

• Stafford Cox

April 6, 2019 at 3:54 pm

Certainly not the best Sign and Digital Iโ€™ve been to. Smaller overall and less attendees in my opinion. Hopefully the next few months will prove me wrong but Iโ€™m not sure it was worth the investment…

• Robert Lambie

April 6, 2019 at 4:35 pm

I had a busy Wednesday, but I was also unwell with a touch of food poisoning I think. As a result, I never got to see a great deal of the show between meetings…
    smaller, maybe… but then again, I did walk by lots of stands and most reps on the stands appeared to be engaged with customers. to the point, I never approached and said hello to some that I would normally chat with.
    Two aspects I did like was the return of the live interview and discussion stage, as well as the Hexis wrap battles. both generate a buzz and instant interest as your walking by and that for me is what shows like this are about. getting fun interesting interaction between the visitors and exhibitors. Yes, it is ultimately about networking, products and sales, but many things can be forgotten by the time you are back in your car, whereas the buzz etc is stuck in your mind and maybe the deciding factor on your visit the year after!

• Jonathan feeney

April 6, 2019 at 6:57 pm

I thought it was a good day on wednesday we spoke with a lot of reps got loads of info and prices on some stuff we are potentially gonna buy definetly worth the trip .
    Seen you there on wed rob your were talking away to someone so never introduced myself lol good wee day though [emoji3]

• Stafford Cox

April 6, 2019 at 10:00 pm

Wednesday was definitely the best day for us. I guess I see it from a different angle to many…?

• KevinGaffney

April 7, 2019 at 9:15 pm

Went last year and wasnt bowled over so gave it a miss this year. Not sure how relevant these shows are anymore. If youre serious about buying equipment, its all available on the net anyway, videos and reviews. Many longer established outfits like ourselves probably have all the equipment we need and Im certainly past the must have the latest fancy kit age