Activity Feed Forums Printing Discussions Roland Printers Service call: 0109 won’t clear.

• Service call: 0109 won’t clear.

Posted by Martin Oxenham on December 26, 2017 at 10:26 am

Further to my question about replacement wipers…. I was asking this as I have the error message 0109 which I can’t get to clear. I thought it may be damaged wipers as one was split so that is why I changed them. I can clear it by manually winding out the wipers and back in again and it clears and prints, but as soon as it does it’s little wake up (sometime in the night) the message comes back and won’t clear til I move the wipers again. Any ideas before I get the engineer out ?

Stafford Cox replied 6 years, 4 months ago 4 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • Chris Wool

December 26, 2017 at 11:52 am

morning

i recently had to remove strip and clean the wiper housing as it was starting to stick easy enough take pics of the metal work as slightly odd fitting. i unfortunately found that the sensor had become very brittle from the solvents around it and it broke the connection. only a few quid but time to get a pain. the mechanism is well protected from the ink mess but can do with a tidy up on older machines.
    new scraper and wipers on rebuild

• Gary Thornton

December 27, 2017 at 9:21 am

Hi Martin.
    Have you gone into the menu and told the machine you’ve fitted the new wipers?
    Just a thought that it may be overdue the change and that’s why it’s throwing up the error message.

• Stafford Cox

December 27, 2017 at 10:05 am

It is a wiper error. Most likely the wiper sensor but also non genuine wipers can cause the wiper motor to strain when pulling against the scraper, maybe it’s the motor. I would either strip the wiper assembly down and clean it all out and replace the wipers and scraper with genuine Roland ones or arrange for somebody reputable to visit and do it all for you.

• Stafford Cox

December 27, 2017 at 10:06 am

• Steff Davison

December 27, 2017 at 2:31 pm

Have the same error on one of my machines, another "small" problem I could really do without. Maybe I should have bought the maintenance contract the last engineer who visited suggested I buy from him!?

• Stafford Cox

December 27, 2017 at 2:34 pm

Every engineer who visits will suggest you buy from him Steff [emoji16] Do your own research and find somebody you feel you can trust. There are some good guys out there, and some bad, too.