• SC650 Plotter

Posted by John Simpson on June 9, 2005 at 6:26 pm

Hope someone can help on this one as we are out of work without a plotter.
    Busy cutting this morning when next colour vinyl i put in mch, switched on & all the lights started flashing. Sometimes this happens if pinch roller not lined up so quickest way normally is to switch off, wait a minute then back on & everything OK, but not this time.
    I have checked pinch rollers, checked that both knives in up position (not stuck), switched off at the mains for a while, cleaned optic lenses.

Had 2 of these Mutoh SC650 over the 9 years with absolutely no problems, a dream to run until now.

Also got a Mutoh SC1400 plotter that i am having problems with, was sent a patch update for firmware now it won’t work, same day the 650 goes belly up, bl**dy marvelous 2 plotters neither working on same day.
    Phoned up Velmex who supplied 1400 says he will ring in the morning to hopefully sought it out. It is just the 650 i need advice on, what to try next!
    L J

Tim Painter replied 18 years, 2 months ago 3 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Tim Painter

March 1, 2006 at 9:22 am

John

Did you ever resolve the SC650 problem?

I have a SC 650 – which is flashing and reporting an error just curious as to what the problem was with yours?

Thanks

Tim.

• idgni

March 1, 2006 at 7:01 pm

which lights r flashing?
    in your manual there is a section that tells you what the different flashing sequences mean
    i.e light 13589 etc

• John Simpson

March 1, 2006 at 7:22 pm

Hi Tim, If you give me a quick ring i can explain better than typing it………
    (mod-edit)

The jist of it is, I took it to Art Systems in Nottm who fixed it while i waited.
    L J

• Tim Painter

March 2, 2006 at 9:40 am

ooohhhh mod edit 🙁

I would PM but for some reason I don’t have the option so have emailed Rob.

Tim.