Activity Feed Forums Printing Discussions Roland Printers Running cost for the Roland VersaCAMM VP300

• Running cost for the Roland VersaCAMM VP300

Posted by Stacey Clinch on July 26, 2007 at 11:32 am

Hiya Everyone

I am hoping that you might be able to help me…….I am in the process of buying some new equipment and it looks like the Roland VersaCAMM VP300 is the preferred option.

I was wondering if anyone knew what the running cost is for this machine?
    Also prices for replacement cartridges.

Any help and advice would be gratefully received!!!

Thanks

Peter Shaw replied 16 years, 9 months ago 5 Members · 9 Replies
  • 9 Replies
  • Nigel Pugh

July 26, 2007 at 12:01 pm

Average production cost per metre I would estimate around £5 to £6,
    ink carts 220ML the rrp is £49 each but you find them sold a few quid cheaper by suppliers.

Nigel

• Colin Crow

July 26, 2007 at 4:40 pm

Nigel

At a demo this week Roland quoted me around 90p per M2 for ink (which seemed a little low) so is the balance of your figure calculated on other consumables or have you factored in the cost of the machine over the period too?

Thanks

Colin

• Chris Wool

July 26, 2007 at 10:18 pm

a lot will depend on your quality of output higher quality more ink.
    i guess at around 3 to £4 a sqm for ink if it is less iam winning.

chris

• Stacey Clinch

July 27, 2007 at 6:50 am

Thanks for the info – at least I have got something to go back to my boss with!

• Nigel Pugh

July 27, 2007 at 7:57 am

My price was based on the average or middle ground price, if you use the cheapest or shortest life vinyl through the VersaCamm then you will print around 3 to 4 quid per metre.

If you go the other way and print onto cast, textile material etc then your price will be around the 6 to 7 quid per metre, I am talking about full width full colour prints.

Without a doubt it is a low printing cost from a very good printer.

• Peter Shaw

July 27, 2007 at 8:54 am

My ink costs work out at £2.91 per sq m on my Versacamm 540 based on Ecosol Max inks at an average price of £48 per 220ml cartridge.

Peter

• Nigel Pugh

July 27, 2007 at 9:18 am

I’m glad you said that Peter, because if I had quoted 2.91 per metre it would have been shot down as sales bulls**t 😀

• Stacey Clinch

July 27, 2007 at 9:32 am

haha – thanks folks…….I had been quoted £1.90 per sq m…..but I knew to take that with a pinch of salt.

What Vinyl would you recommend to use with the VersaCamm?

• Peter Shaw

July 27, 2007 at 11:18 am
    quote :

What Vinyl would you recommend to use with the VersaCamm?

I always use decent quality digital vinyls from Grafityp and Metamark. I would avoid any cheapy or unbranded vinyls particularly from the "inexperienced" suppliers who are trying to get into the market.

I would also not consider a supplier who could not provide profiles for the Machine/RIP/Substrate combination.

Peter