Activity Feed Forums Printing Discussions Roland Printers Roland Xj740 Sheet Cut Assembly

• Roland Xj740 Sheet Cut Assembly

Posted by Paul Stenning on January 15, 2018 at 3:40 pm

Hi

I’m after a bit of help with the sheet cut assembly on my Roland XJ740.

It packed up a while ago and the last time our engineer was in he looked at it just before he was about to walk out the door and told me it was a simple fix, I just needed “a new screw”. Time passed and I’ve completely forgotten what I need to do.

All the bits were taken off and taped to a piece of scrap dibond so I should have everything except any idea how to reassemble it.

The spring mechanism is working fine, but I have no idea how the blade engages to stay down to cut.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated 😀

Thanks, Paul

Attachments:

Paul Stenning replied 6 years, 3 months ago 3 Members · 11 Replies
  • 11 Replies
  • Stafford Cox

January 16, 2018 at 5:54 pm

Does this help?

• Mat Drake

January 19, 2018 at 1:27 pm

Hi Paul, The blade engages when part 12 in Stafford’s diagram hits a stopper inside the left panel when the carriage travels to the far left position. It cuts on the return pass and then disengages automatically.

• Paul Stenning

January 22, 2018 at 8:52 am

brilliant, thank you both very much 🙂

• Paul Stenning

January 22, 2018 at 7:56 pm

I’ve reassembled it and when the carriage moves over the maintenance cover the cutter hits the stopper, the blade moves down but as soon as the carriage starts moving back towards the right the blade springs back up.

Video on this link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cq525sXxhlg

I’m not sure what’s supposed to keep the blade engaged? Before I fixed it back onto the head carriage it was moving freely, but it never ‘locks’ in the engaged position.

Any idea where I’m going wrong?

Thanks for any help you can offer 🙂

• Stafford Cox

January 22, 2018 at 8:36 pm

Have you run the ‘limit and cutter down position’? Also, if you take the left side maintenance cover off, that will make it retract. Might be a hint?

• Paul Stenning

January 23, 2018 at 8:21 am

I’ve just run ‘limit and cutter position’ but it’s still doing the same thing.

Not sure what you mean about removing the maintenance cover, or rather why it would help?

Thanks, Paul

• Stafford Cox

January 23, 2018 at 9:16 am

I’ll try and get a video when I’m in the office later…

• Stafford Cox

January 23, 2018 at 10:52 am

This is what I mean:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TOrBfnyCx8

I know it’s an SP but I’m pretty sure the mechanism on an XJ works in a similar way.

Stafford

• Paul Stenning

January 23, 2018 at 12:09 pm

thanks so much for your patience!

The blade just isn’t staying down at all, as soon as it moves away from the stopper it springs back up. I’m wondering if I’ve assembled it incorrectly, or there’s something missing.

If I manually push part 12 on your diagram to the right should the blade stay engaged? Mine doesn’t stay engaged, this is with the carriage over the capping station: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyzDwI9 … e=youtu.be

Thanks again 🙂

• Stafford Cox

January 23, 2018 at 12:37 pm

Sorry Paul, I’m out of the office again and not seeing another Roland for a couple of days. I’ll have a look when I can.

• Paul Stenning

January 23, 2018 at 12:40 pm

Thanks 🙂