Activity Feed Forums Printing Discussions Roland Printers Roland VS640 not printing Light Cyan

• Roland VS640 not printing Light Cyan

Posted by Robert Walker on June 21, 2013 at 6:47 pm

I’ve been working away for a couple of days and when I came to do a test print today there is no light cyan printing and I mean none zip zero, there was half a cart in swapped for a new one and tried 6 powerful cleans and still nothing.

I did take a picture but my ipad won’t let me upload it.

Is there away of drawing ink through the head?

Thanks in advance

Robert

Chris Wool replied 10 years, 11 months ago 3 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • Stafford Cox

June 21, 2013 at 7:13 pm

I would guess that is probably a damper fault. If you have no warranty and are willing to dive in, try pulling ink through from the bottom of the damper with a syringe and see if you get ink.

Stafford

• Robert Walker

June 21, 2013 at 7:17 pm

May give that a play over the weekend, got loads to print next week, not happened at a good time

Cheers

• Chris Wool

June 21, 2013 at 7:19 pm

Don’t know how to pull ink on one colour but if 1 power clean didn’t do it there’s a problem.
    Found on my vs that as soon as any problems with the head go straight to the capping station as it will block.

• Robert Walker

June 25, 2013 at 5:41 pm

Well got it printing today,
    I ordered a new capping unit on monday and tried pulling the ink through the damper with no joy (while i had nothing better to do) infant it made it worse as I lost the yellow!?

So capping unit arrived today (from Belgium over night £8 delivery! I can’t send anything in the uk that fast or cheap) 5 min to swop, powerful clean and all good.

Happy days 😀

Cheers guys

• Stafford Cox

June 25, 2013 at 6:25 pm

Nice one!! Thanks for keeping the post updated.

Stafford

• Chris Wool

June 25, 2013 at 7:08 pm

proper job