Activity Feed Forums Printing Discussions General Printing Topics Roland VS 540 print quality

• Roland VS 540 print quality

Posted by Chris Wilson on September 29, 2016 at 10:17 am

Hi folks.

Having a slight problem with the print quality coming out of our machine. It’s got a bit of a blur to it, like a low res JPEG.

We are running the new Eco sol max 3 inks. It’s recently had a new print head. New capping station has been installed. All nozzles are in. Tried various print profiles through versa works. There’s no difference on standard to high quality.

The same file has been printed on the same machine before (but not mine) hand and comes out perfect. Same file format. Same media. Only difference is its one of the oldee Eco sol inks versions.

Engineer is currently here and also scratching his head. Anyone else had a similar issue and managed to work around or sort?

Chris Wilson replied 7 years, 7 months ago 5 Members · 7 Replies
  • 7 Replies
  • Phill Fenton

September 29, 2016 at 12:04 pm

I’m assuming that when the new head was fitted it was calibrated correctly?

• Chris Wilson

September 29, 2016 at 5:06 pm

As far as I know Phil. It was checked again and adjustments made which did improve the quality but this is as far as we have got. It was a lot worse before hand. I’ve attached photo below.

🙁

• Gary Thornton

September 29, 2016 at 5:41 pm

Hi Chris.
    I have had a long running issue with my vs540 giving pin pricks in the prints (more noticeable in blocks of colour) in standard print quality mode. If I print in high quality the results are fine, but obviously I don’t want to print in high quality all the time.
    I’m using ecosol max 2 ink. I’ve change from Orajet for the time being to side step the issue, as this seems to be affected the most.
    I’ve printed at all sorts of temperature settings with no difference made.
    :bangshead:

• Chris Wilson

September 29, 2016 at 6:39 pm

Hi Gary,

Nightmare it is. Prints have been taken back to HQ to try figure it out. I’ll let you know if something works.

To be honest it’s not noticeable unless your right up next to it. I think it more thrustrating having seen the print quality on the shame machine. It’s a solid block. And so it should be.

• Dominic Fowler

September 30, 2016 at 2:29 pm

If you print vertical and horizontal 0.5 lines it should give you an idea if the heads been set up correctly or not. or try printing in UniDi to see if it improves.

• Seun Aderibigbe

September 30, 2016 at 3:01 pm

Hi Chris,

I had the same problem it turned out that one of the head’s was slightly lose and also needed calibrating. Try test printing the below, yellow is easier to see if you use a blue light. You can tell the head is not firing correctly by checking the edge of the print to see if any of the colours over lap.
    1. BIAS test print
    2. Vertical adjustment test print
    3. Horizontal adjustment test print
    Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

• Chris Wilson

September 30, 2016 at 6:38 pm

Hi Dominic and Seun,

Cheers for the replys. Typical flat out Friday so only noticed now. Will try both first thing Monday.