Activity Feed Forums Printing Discussions Roland Printers Roland VP540 Cyan ink not coming through

• Roland VP540 Cyan ink not coming through

Posted by Martin Cole on October 10, 2018 at 8:39 am

Hi Folks,

Having real trouble printing blues as the cyan head is only firing half of what it should be at best.
    various test prints as per photo.

I have tried everything I know how to and now totally lost as what it could be.

Done so far:
    > change both cyan dampers
    > switched damper placings
    > changed capping station
    > switched around outlet pipes to pump.

After doing this originally and syringed ink through from capping to pump I got it up and running.
    Printed a fair bit until yesterday when it went back to as it was, tried all I know again with no joy.

Could it be the pump even though I have switched the other pipes around?

Any suggestions greatly appreciated

Attachments:

Chris Wilson replied 5 years, 6 months ago 3 Members · 8 Replies
  • 8 Replies
  • Chris Wilson

October 10, 2018 at 10:20 am

Hi Martin,

We had this exact problem at the start of the year. Roland did everything you have.
    They decided it was dry ink in the line from over time and replaced the lines and head. We’ve been back and running since.

• Phill Fenton

October 10, 2018 at 11:36 am

Yes it could well be the pump. I would try that next along with replacing all the outlet pipe tubing

• Martin Cole

October 10, 2018 at 11:48 am

Thanks guys,

I am suspecting the pump but having switched the outlet pipes. You would think it would effect another head.. maybe?

To cap it all, out of desperation I thought id try another damper and i have gone and snapped the f..ing manifold.. 🙁

• Chris Wilson

October 10, 2018 at 1:35 pm
    quote Martin Cole:

Thanks guys,

I am suspecting the pump but having switched the outlet pipes. You would think it would effect another head.. maybe?

To cap it all, out of desperation I thought id try another damper and i have gone and snapped the f..ing manifold.. 🙁

That’s exactly why the pump was ruled out on our machine. As it was just the cyan. We are running a VS 540 with eco sol max 3.

Am told the dampeners feed he ink down and it sits on top of the head. So the reason the nozzles where changing around so much on the tests was due to thick or dry ink sitting in there. This is why we needed a new head also.

Roland first came up and replaced the dampener and he head and that worked for 24hrs then the problem came back. They then stripped the whole machine down, tried everything, new head again, checked the pump, put need columns in the back for the ink etc.. that didn’t work at all.
    So 3rd time round the came back up, new head again, new ink lines for all and off we went and no issues since.

I know a VP might be different but I was pulling my hair out with it when it happened. We were down for about a week and half.

I did find a work around for small items and that was to do a few powerful cleans on the machine and then and normal clean for each job you put down.. at say no more than a meter in length. This seemed to stop the nozzles from dropping out but at the same time wasted a fair bit of ink.

• Martin Cole

October 10, 2018 at 1:59 pm

Thanks Chris very helpful , sounds like identical problem.

Every print job I have at the moment is blue…. 🙁

• Chris Wilson

October 10, 2018 at 5:29 pm

I feel your pain Martin. Was a nightmare.
    Try the cleaning trick. Maybe even soak the head on a lint free cloth as that might soften up some of the hard stuff for a few meters till more comes.

Are you running eco sol max 3 out of interest?

• Martin Cole

October 11, 2018 at 11:01 am

Lol.. it is painful Chris…take it for granted until it goes wrong

have tried the head soaks etc to no avail.

original ecosol max inks used

• Chris Wilson

October 11, 2018 at 12:28 pm

Ah ok. We’re on eco sol max 3 but was the cyan also. Happened just after we put new carts in.

Fingers crossed you get it sorted soon