Activity Feed Forums Printing Discussions Roland Printers Roland VP540 cut alignment out

• Roland VP540 cut alignment out

Posted by Andrew Williams on June 21, 2016 at 11:53 am

Hi all,

We have a Vp540 which has ticked along well but has now decided to start misbehaving. We use it mainly for tshirts and the print and cut has started to get worse. All on the same run, some designs are correct whilst others can step out on the cut line over 2cms.

Looking at the cut carriage cable as a possible cause as we have done the basic tests with no success. Another possibility we are thinking is that the pc which has been attached to this getting on a bit and might be struggling. Anyone got any experience with this type of problem?

Also, any good printer repair guys in the Swansea area as might be an easier option for now and future issues?

Thanks,

Andrew

Jason Davies replied 7 years, 10 months ago 4 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Stafford Cox

June 21, 2016 at 12:25 pm

Have you replaced the pinch rollers? I would give that a go first, certainly the outer ones. Other than that, I would suggest the cable and guides as you say. I’ve got a guy in Cardiff I use.

Stafford

• Phill Fenton

June 21, 2016 at 1:26 pm

It could be dust on the encoder strip – this would explain an intermittent fault.
    Some discussion here:- topic59047.html

• Andrew Williams

June 23, 2016 at 7:40 am

Thanks both. We have gone for a pinch roller replacement option first and it seems a fair bit better. Will keep an eye on it.

• Jason Davies

June 25, 2016 at 8:08 pm

We had this problem with our VP, it’s the whole assembly not just the roller. They develop hairline cracks overtime and when you remove you can just snap them. Initially not an easy job as you need to drill a hole in the top carriage to get your screwdriver down but replacement of both sides is very straightforward then.