Activity Feed Forums Printing Discussions Roland Printers Roland VG3-640 verses what other print and cut printer?

• Chris Wilson

June 13, 2022 at 5:25 pm

I have the VG2. Love it so far. Limited on profiles, but enough for what we need. I think only difference is LCD touch screen and it’s changed colour. They say is slimmed down, but must have take a sanding off by looks if it.

Personally if it was me I would be buying another VG2 in a few months and saving some pennies

• Mark Johnston

June 13, 2022 at 10:01 pm

We were looking at the Roland VG3-640 after seeing it on this site. looks awesome! 😎👍

• Jamie Wood

June 14, 2022 at 12:54 pm

It may not be of interest if you definitely need print & cut, but I can highly recommend Epson SC S80600 printers. Possibly the best solvent machine currently on the market.

• RobertLambie

Administrator
    June 14, 2022 at 1:27 pm

We had various Roland printers over the years, bulletproof machines, and it was Roland that introduced print and cut combined in one machine, to the industry. all I have ever seen them do is improve on what they previously have done.
    Like Mark, I also watched the Printmax video on this site a few months ago showing the machine your speaking of Warren. very impressive, with the iPad app and all else. If print with onboard cutting is what you prefer, then I doubt you will get a better machine.

All that said, you could have any printer really and use your Esko Kongsberg for all your contour cutting?

• Warren Beard

June 15, 2022 at 10:41 am

Thanks guys, it does look great and we do prefer the print and cut option as it allows us to be more flexible even though we have the Kongsberg.

Cheers

Warren

• David Hammond

June 17, 2022 at 7:51 am

I like our Roland VF2, the colours are great.

It hasn’t been without it’s issues though, although we’ve been trying different media which we hope will overcome the issues we’ve had.

I’d suggest you go and see the machine, and give it a thorough testing with your media and artwork. Addutionally see how the prints perform following printing, cutting, laminating etc, in the following days.

• David Stevenson

September 11, 2022 at 10:33 pm

What’s your issue been David? We’ve a VF2-640 and had to buy RF640 to print wraps with as everything comes off the VF super tacky! Even after drying for weeks it’s a nightmare to work with. After speaking with a few guys it seems were not the only ones 🙁

• Jamie Palmer

September 10, 2022 at 5:36 pm

We have just had the VG3 640 last week, so far very impressed, went with cmyk Lc lm lk Orange. There are quite a few changes from the VG2, it would seem Roland have really looked at the end user comments and created a print operators printer. Big thanks to Signmaster delivered and setup within a couple of days! I did look into a latex and the Epsons but went with the Roland as it would fit in with our existing setup. Any questions I will try to answer.