Activity Feed Forums Printing Discussions Roland Printers Roland Sp750 dripping ink – help please?

• Roland Sp750 dripping ink – help please?

Posted by Daniel Crank on July 29, 2015 at 11:45 pm

Hi
    Just started running bulk ink in my sp750, using jetbest inks which make roland inks I believe.
    Just started dripping cyan ink onto end of stroke, please see pic.
    Any ideas ??

Attachments:

Stafford Cox replied 8 years, 9 months ago 4 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Daniel Crank

July 29, 2015 at 11:46 pm

Seems to be cyan ink ??

• Phill Fenton

July 30, 2015 at 7:40 am

Try manually cleaning around the heads and capping station. There could be filaments of crud soaking up the ink causing it to drip

• David Rogers

July 30, 2015 at 8:16 am

If you can adjust the fill level of the bulk carts – reduce it a bit as running them over filled can cause ink to ooze through & drip.

This can also be caused by a minor air leak (damper seal / loose pipe / cracked manifold spigot)

Also, as Phil suggests – manually clean the heads & give them a good wipe round all the sides.

Dave

• Stafford Cox

July 31, 2015 at 3:43 pm

I don’t think Jetbest make Roland ink. I’ve heard lots of companies claiming to be the same ink as OEM, made in the same factory etc. I’m not convinced personally.

I would check the wipers first. They quite often start to bend backwards if not cleaned and replaced regularly. Definitely give the heads a manual clean as already suggested, too.

Stafford