Activity Feed Forums Printing Discussions Roland Printers Roland SP300V Profile Advice please?

• Roland SP300V Profile Advice please?

Posted by Lloyd Morgan on June 14, 2012 at 4:57 pm

Just a quick question
    i’m fairly new to the wonderful world of solvent printing
    using a sp 300v

i’m currently printing on lg 3184 vinyl (think thats the correct number)
    in versaworks i’m finding that i get terrible liney/blotchy prints when i select the media as generic vinyl (no supirse) however if i select the media profile the suppier sent me foir this vinyl i get the same poor results.

BUT if i choose generic calender monometric profile that comes with versworks i get near perfect prints everytime?? works for every different vinyl i use

i’m confused? i would expect the actual media profile to be the best one

what am i doing wrong?

David Hammond replied 11 years, 11 months ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Andrew Blackett

June 14, 2012 at 6:05 pm

I dont think you’re doing anything wrong! I’m a firm believer that if you feel a different profile works better then that’s your prerogative.

As long as they dry nice and print quality is good then that’s good, i use oracal 3164 profile on "max impact" on most things, oracal or not!

I had an actual mactac profile for some media and it printed horrible but flicked to oracal and it was great.

Andy

• Martin Pearson

June 14, 2012 at 7:14 pm

Like Andy says if another profile works better for you then great just use that. You are right in what you are saying though & the profile the supplier sent you for the particular media you are printing to should give the best results as long as it was constructed for your RIP (versaworks) & you are using the original inks for the machine.

• David Hammond

June 14, 2012 at 7:33 pm

I usually print using the correct profile but which works only exception is poster paper, it just won’t dry if there’s loads of ink coverage black seems worse.

MD5 seems better, but i’m yet find a profile that I can print posters quickly, at a good enough quality and the ink dry quick.