Activity Feed Forums Printing Discussions Roland Printers Roland SP300v, Magenta is not printing, advice please?

• Roland SP300v, Magenta is not printing, advice please?

Posted by Ian Folkson on February 3, 2017 at 2:08 pm

Hi All
    I have been getting quite good at replacing transistors once a year when they blow in my sp300v. But now i am stumped.
    I have only half of one head not working.
    The head is fine as when swapping cables it prints perfectly and the other head has one not printing
    I had the board repaired professionally and replaced the head board and cables to the heads but it is still the same.
    Any ideas welcomed
    Ian

Rich Cooper replied 7 years, 2 months ago 3 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • Stafford Cox

February 6, 2017 at 10:00 am

Wow, that’s a weird one.

Where in the country are you? I have an SP300V here in our workshop in Harlow if you wanted to eliminate any parts. I suppose it could be the long FPC cable that goes from the mainboard to carriage board?

Stafford

• Ian Folkson

February 6, 2017 at 10:11 am

Hello Stafford
    Thanks for the reply. I am in Gants Hill London so not too far from Harlow.
    I have sent the board off to be double checked in case i missed something . I also wondered about the long cable. If still have the problem when it comes back I may take you up on your kind offer.
    I will wait for the main board and then let you know

Thank you again for replying

ian

• Stafford Cox

February 6, 2017 at 10:37 am

No probs Ian, we can of course come to you if needs be.

Anyway, keep me posted.

Stafford

• Ian Folkson

February 6, 2017 at 10:45 am

Hi Stafford

If I fail at the next stage a call out from yourselves was the next step

Ian

• Stafford Cox

February 6, 2017 at 11:33 am

OK. I don’t think I’m allowed to post my contact details up here or if you’re able to PM me but I should be easy enough to find online. Hopefully it won’t come that but do post your finding up on here either way.

• Rich Cooper

February 28, 2017 at 5:40 pm

i had the exact same issue, it turned out to be the dampers, one was full of ink and didnt have any air in it. the dampers were changed and back to normal.