Activity Feed Forums Printing Discussions Roland Printers Roland SP300 update/advice

• Roland SP300 update/advice

Posted by Mike Grant on June 4, 2010 at 9:54 pm

Update on my SP300 problem.

Went to print today and the test print printed magenta where the yellow should be. Opened up the lower front cover and found this….

Do I assume these are the pumps???
    Do I get them direct from Roland or is there a cheaper supplier out there.
    Not much room in there to poke my nose in so as yet I haven’t figured out where the leak is actually coming from.
    Any advice greatly appreciated.

Attachments:

Richard Urquhart replied 13 years, 11 months ago 7 Members · 8 Replies
  • 8 Replies
  • Chris Wool

June 4, 2010 at 10:07 pm

mike its normal for the pipe to split inside the pump.
    the pump is around £40 plus.
    or some pipe and half hour with inky fingers.

chris

• Kevin Flowers

June 4, 2010 at 10:48 pm

Mike
    buy the updated pump from Roland make sure you tell them you still have the old type pump. I’ve had the new pumps on my Soljet for approx 2 years & never have a had a problem.

Kev

• Derek Heron

June 5, 2010 at 8:03 am

mike if you get the new pump make sure your firmware is updated

derek

• Mike Grant

June 5, 2010 at 4:09 pm

Thanks guys.
    Derek, firmware was updated on Friday.

• RayRosher

June 5, 2010 at 4:39 pm

Mike
    Try this mob I got some ink cartridges off of them for £9.98
    Every-were else was £25.

http://www.tech8.eu/index.php

Forgot to add fast postage.

• Chris Rundle

June 5, 2010 at 5:13 pm

Hi Mike, i used to have a SP 300 and had exactly the same problem as you.

I paid an engineer to fit mine and he ungraded it to versaworks etc.

But i think its one of these you need, the later model pump!
    im sure you could get it elsewhere and i have never ordered anything from this company, here it is

http://www.tech8.eu/spares/details.php?spare=pump_roland_R-1000001658

good luck fixing it, i do understand how very frustrating it is!

• Mike Grant

June 11, 2010 at 8:23 pm

OK, here we go….
    Got a new pump installed today. It is the old style as Tech8 and Roland didn’t have the "fixing kit" for the new pump. Cant wait anymore for promises so went with the new old style pump. When I removed the old one there was a slight difference in design. The new pump seemed to be missing a wheel with a slider attached to it. If you look at the last picture above it is attached to the screw on the bottom left side of the pic. Is this correct????
    I have got it up and running but when I went to print, the yellow was printing pink. I noticed that the tubes that feed the printer head (I thought they were cables at first) the yellow one had magenta in the tube about 18" back from the print head. How on earth can the ink travel the wrong way up another colours tube???? Anyway I decided rather than cleaning the tubes I would just print the colour back out. This took over a square meter of print to get the yellow to print properly.
    I then done a print check and the yellow, magenta and cyan print 100% perfect, but the black head is still 50% blocked. I then printed out a solid block of black and it came out as a dark grey.
    Will I be able to unclog this head or is it stuffed?

Questions, questions, questions!
    Hope you can answer them.
    Cheers
    Mike

• Richard Urquhart

June 11, 2010 at 8:28 pm

Mike sounds like the Black head may be finished(the black for some reason goes first on these) as for the mixing ink colours in the tubes, its drawing the other colour through the capping station or damper as you know 2 tube go to one head and 2 to the other head. I had a new black head fitted and a few weeks later the capping station had to be replaced as there was ink mixing. I just did a head clean medium to get the ink the correct colour down to the head until Roland came and fix it. I have been lucky as I have a full maintenance contract.