Activity Feed Forums Printing Discussions Roland Printers ROLAND SP300 BULK SYSTEM

• Kevin Flowers

April 15, 2009 at 9:36 pm

Stephen
    the ink carts can be got from places in the UK, however third party ink is something you have to choose, i don’t think i would buy it from the other side of the world though. I use third party ink & have done for 5 years, however i maintain my own printer Soljet sc545ex. It as not been with out problems but the cost savings have very much out weighed the problems. i have just changed by ink supplier & trial prints are looking very promising. Not trialed it enough to recommend it yet though, search the boards been covered plenty of times.

Kev

• Stephen Ingham

April 15, 2009 at 10:36 pm

Hi Kevin, thanks for the reply.

How do you decide on a 3rd party ink though? cos its not something you can really try without commiting fully too it, surely?

cheers
    stephen

• Kevin Flowers

April 15, 2009 at 10:54 pm

Stephen
    it is a difficult decision, try to get as many recommendations as possible, i started with a ink which was quite good but as they developed it i had problems. Swapped to their new product & removed it from the machine within 2 weeks colours absolutely crap. Worked with the ink company on the old product & ended up with special mixes on the magenta & black. i finally decided to change when another board member was having similar issues with the same company. I have just swapped to Nazdar Lyson 2000 series ink and trials are looking good (this is not a recommendation)
    proof will be tomorrow when i run 15 mtrs of print. My swap over was more complicated because i was already running 3rd party ink. If you are running Roland ink its a straight swap. £100 a cart for 440ml although dearer than 3rd part ink should still be making you money. How much ink do you use, 3rd party ink is dated & can cause problems when it gets past the expiry especially on the bulk open systems. One of the reasons i don’t use the roland carts is my machine takes 12 carts, plus 12 carts on the shelf equates to a lot of money. Check out the older posts on this subject & search the net.

Kev

• Andy Malcolm

April 16, 2009 at 2:08 pm

Hi,

It is worth while bearing mind the environment the inks will be used in, if the office is cold and then warm there will be issues , the carrier liquid will flash off and can leave the pigments in the head to block the nozzles.
    choose carefully as profiling will be needed if your work is more graphics based than signage as most colours will be slightly different.

Andy

• Russell Huffer

May 13, 2009 at 11:58 am

Hi Kevin,

Trying to get some feedback on Lyson inks, are you still using them what is the good, bad and ugly of these inks.

Many thanks

Russell.