Activity Feed Forums Printing Discussions General Printing Topics Roland sp300V – Scan Motor Error 0010 0010

• Roland sp300V – Scan Motor Error 0010 0010

Posted by Phill Fenton on November 8, 2022 at 7:36 pm

I have a Cadet printer which is a Roland Versacamm sp300 printer.

Last week the printer shutdown with an error message “Scan Motor Error 0010 0010”. I tried switching it off and back on but the same error message keeps appearing. I could also smell burning coming from within the machine. I convinced myself that the scan motor had burnt out so ordered a new one which arrived today. However, on fitting it this evening the problem remains so it isn’t the actual motor after all. Neither is it the carriage as the same message occurs even with the motor not connected to the drive pulley so eliminating the carriage as being faulty.

I’ve searched on line for answers but have not come up with anything new that I haven’t tried. According to the service manual it’s either the motor that is broken, or the Head/servo board.

Any ideas?

Simon Worrall replied 1 year, 5 months ago 4 Members · 14 Replies
  • 14 Replies
  • RobertLambie

Administrator
    November 8, 2022 at 8:42 pm

Sorry, can’t give you any suggestions on the issue, Phill. But unless I’m reading this guy’s wording correctly, he may sell you parts, if you need any. That said, I guess the problem is knowing if a part is even needed. 🤔 https://bit.ly/3UIb054

• Kevin Mahoney

November 8, 2022 at 9:39 pm

Is the head moving freely on the carriage Phill? If you’re smelling burning the bearings may be drying out

• Phill Fenton

November 8, 2022 at 11:18 pm

It’s not the bearings Kevin as even with the motor unplugged from the motherboard I’m still getting the same error message, which leads me to conclude the fault must lie with the board itself?

• Kevin Mahoney

November 9, 2022 at 6:08 am

Had the scan motor error loads of times on the versacamms, in all the cases it was never the scan motor or the board. Andy Malcolm would be worth a call, genius with Rolands, and will travel a fair distance for his punters.

• Phill Fenton

November 9, 2022 at 7:36 am

Thanks Kevin. Do you have his contact details?

• Kevin Mahoney

November 9, 2022 at 9:30 am

You’ll get him on 07921 380282

I think he’s scaled down his business a little, might be a weekend visit

• Phill Fenton

November 9, 2022 at 4:23 pm

Thanks Kevin. I spoke with Andy this afternoon and he talked me through some checks and it looks like the Servo Motor Board is faulty though he did suggest I check the new Scan motor I was sent is the correct model. He was extremely helpful indeed but it seems spare parts are becoming rarer and rarer for these machines so I may have an issue getting it fixed

• Kevin Mahoney

November 9, 2022 at 4:36 pm
    • Phill Fenton

November 9, 2022 at 6:13 pm

Thanks for your help Kevin. I’ve managed to source what is claimed to be a good working second hand servo board which should arrive Friday so hopefully we are making progress

• Kevin Mahoney

November 9, 2022 at 7:18 pm

Fingers crossed for you Phill, are you going to fit the board yourself?

• Phill Fenton

November 9, 2022 at 7:43 pm

Yes, in the first instance I will try fitting it myself. However Andy says he will be up my way on the 17th so if I’m still having issues then I’ll ask him to have a look at the machine.

• Kevin Mahoney

November 9, 2022 at 8:02 pm

Don’t let him talk to you about disk golf, I think it’s a cult of some sort

• Phill Fenton

November 11, 2022 at 5:13 pm

The servo motor board arrived this morning and I have now fitted it and I’m happy to say the printer is now back up and running. Many thanks to Kevin and Andy for the advice.

• Simon Worrall

November 15, 2022 at 9:59 pm

Nice to see somebody else trying to keep an old sp running. Good one Phill!