Activity Feed Forums Printing Discussions Roland Printers Roland SC 540 SLEEP MODE

• Roland SC 540 SLEEP MODE

Posted by Nancy Wannous on January 17, 2006 at 11:01 am

Hi Guys ,Its me again. Today i got my printer serviced for the first time. yes now my question is i left it on but its goes to sleep i think and the power button flashes never seen this before no he did not update the software and I’m just wondering why is it doing it now. and how do i get it to go 2 sleep if i wanted it to. Shane i know maybe you can answer my question . 🙂 Nancy

Nancy Wannous replied 18 years, 3 months ago 4 Members · 12 Replies
  • 12 Replies
  • Chris Wool

January 17, 2006 at 11:16 am

hi the power button flashes to say its in sleep mode – sending a file or touching any button will wake it up – this is the mode it should be left in as over a extended period of inactivity it will wake its self up have a little purge on the heads and go back to sleep.

chris

• Shane Drew

January 17, 2006 at 11:18 am
    quote wannousnancy:

Hi Guys ,Its me again. Today i got my printer serviced for the first time. yes now my question is i left it on but its goes to sleep i think and the power button flashes never seen this before no he did not update the software and I’m just wondering why is it doing it now. and how do i get it to go 2 sleep if i wanted it to. Shane i know maybe you can answer my question . 🙂 Nancy

Nancy. he probably reset the timer.

If the machine does not get accesed in X time, it will go into sleep mode automatically. The heater should go down to 20 deg or so too. When you touch the power button, it will wake up and the heater will go back up to opearting temp.

It was probably set wrong from new, and the service tech checks those things at its first service.

Hope that helps

Shane

• Nancy Wannous

January 17, 2006 at 11:19 am

Thank you Chris i know that but how come it didn’t do it 8 months ago

• Shane Drew

January 17, 2006 at 11:19 am

chris beat me to it 😕

• Nancy Wannous

January 17, 2006 at 12:56 pm

Oh Great Shane Thank you. I’m only asking cos it did not do that when i got it . Do you boys know if i can check it out myself that timer thing just to learn. i know maybe I’m not supposed to touch it but i want to know how to do it . (hot)

• Shane Drew

January 17, 2006 at 1:06 pm

no idea actually. wouldn’t touch it tho nancy. Roland will void your warranty faster than you can say ‘whats that?!’

• Nancy Wannous

January 17, 2006 at 1:08 pm

damm i like 2 learn. Oh well sometimes i just have to x sept that can’t do everything. ok Shane i wont touch it tonight maybe one day lol night night

• Shane Drew

January 17, 2006 at 1:21 pm

night, I’m off too

• Deleted User

Deleted User
    January 17, 2006 at 9:39 pm

hi nancy. the standard default time for a sp540 to go to sleep is 30mins of inactivity.

this can be altered from anything from 15mins upto 2 hours of inactivity.

under the menu— sleep–setting then adjust to the time required.

hope this helps.

mark.

• Nancy Wannous

January 17, 2006 at 9:47 pm

Hi mark i knew there was a way to do this cheers buddy .

• Shane Drew

January 18, 2006 at 2:00 am

ooohh thanks for that Mark. I didn’t know that either 🙄

• Nancy Wannous

January 18, 2006 at 2:17 am

Hi Shane How you doing today nice weather here.

How is brisb?