Activity Feed Forums Printing Discussions Roland Printers Roland Print head issue (VS-540)

• Roland Print head issue (VS-540)

Posted by Chris Wilson on September 2, 2016 at 11:56 am

Hi Folks,

Am hoping you can help or have any suggestions. Signmaster are also working on this but so far we have had no luck.

Last night when perf cutting the blade must have picked up a tiny piece of vinyl. When its gone home the vinyl has dropped off or got stuck somehere that happened to be in the path of the print head. Of course on the next print batch the vinyl attached itself to the print head. The vinyl has now carefully been removed. We have done manual cleans, we have done deep cleans, the head itself has also had a very gentle wipe as adivsed and i had a soak for an hour with a cloth. No luck. It seems the glue from the vinyl has blocked a few of the noozles.

The machine is 24hrs old. I’ll be honest am not far from tears. Am hoping to attached photo below this via the app.

Kevin Flowers replied 7 years, 8 months ago 3 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Chris Wilson

September 2, 2016 at 11:57 am

Photo of problem as described above

• Steff Davison

September 2, 2016 at 2:02 pm

I would ask the supplier of the machine to send out an engineer to diagnose the problem.

Is it a brand new 24 hour old machine or a refurbed/reconditioned 24 hour old machine?

One of the reason for purchasing from a dealer is the "peace of mind" they provide by way of support IMO.

• Chris Wilson

September 2, 2016 at 2:56 pm

Hey Steff,
    Cheers for the reply.
    It’s from sign master as a 2nd user but re-furb. Head was running fine when installed. Then we had the wee issue.

They’ve suggested to leave it soaking in the Roland cleaner over night. We did that earlier for an hour but no effect. Fingers crossed.

Or maybe someone one here will have a wee trick to save the head.

• Kevin Flowers

September 3, 2016 at 7:22 pm

Hi
    don’t believe that would be glue causing that, as glue would not set up with the solvent present. I think you will find it has damaged the head itself either by drying out the ink or just damging the orifaces etc. You can get a lint free cloth soak with Roland cleaner and put between the head and capping station it with soften any dried ink and act as a wick drawing ink from the head. i have had success with this before

Kev