• ROLAND PNC 5000

Posted by Dazzel on January 15, 2004 at 3:51 pm

Hi guys, we have one of these ! acquired just as a cutter 2nd hand, works fine for this but maybe we should look at getting the thing to print as well.
    Have tried “in vain” think the print head is mashed ! maybe we should get a Roland engineer to look at it. Anyone know how we contact them to spend a serious amount of money ? 😆

Dazzel replied 20 years, 3 months ago 4 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Chris Wool

January 16, 2004 at 1:19 am

Hi

i had one of those 6or 7 years ago then bought a pc 60 the moment they came out and i cant recomend that you spend a penny on the 5000 leave it as a slow work horse cutter

chris

• Gazza

January 16, 2004 at 8:08 am

Hi Dazzel, if you need to contact Roland, I would recommend speaking to Ian Griffiths, a very nice bloke to deal with and extremely helpful too. He is on 01792 515025, this is the Roland Tech support number. Please be aware though that Roland charge £50 p/h for labour. Cheers, Gaz

• Dazzel

January 16, 2004 at 8:32 am

Thanks guys and Chris thanks for the tip ( I think i knew this ? that’s why i’ve been slooow at doing anything about it) you helped me make my mind up. Stays as a cutter.

Paul

• Joe McNamara

January 16, 2004 at 9:04 am

Hi Dazzel,
    I made the mistake of buying a pc-50 which is similar to the one you’ve got i think.

I’d eat my hat if it actually ever printed anything properly.
    Anyway I’ll leave it at that – not dragging up that versa camm thing again 😉
    Just accept as a slow noisy cutter.
    Cheers
    Joe

• Dazzel

January 16, 2004 at 3:59 pm

Yes Joe same thing. Glad i only gave a few pennies for it. I can use it for the trainee to play with 😛