Activity Feed Forums Vinyl Cutter Discussions Roland Cutters roland pc600 colourcamm stop wasting vinyl

• roland pc600 colourcamm stop wasting vinyl

Posted by Adrian Dawes on May 12, 2011 at 9:40 pm

Hi all, I have a problem with my cutter feeding approx 200mm of vinyl through before it starts to cut,
    I am currently using flexi sign and when I output to production manager it looks on the preview as if it should be cutting at the very start of the vinyl but doesn’t it feeds through approx 200mm and is really frustrating can someone please advise, Thanks
    p.s i have no experience of vinyl cutting or machines

Ian Stewart-Koster replied 12 years, 12 months ago 5 Members · 7 Replies
  • 7 Replies
  • Phill Fenton

May 12, 2011 at 10:13 pm

You need to press the "set point" button on your machine before you start to cut. Otherwise the machine will start cutting the vinyl at the point where you first lowered the pinch rollers

• Adrian Dawes

May 12, 2011 at 10:28 pm

thanks for your quick response i’ll try that when i finish work tomorrow,

• Robert Lambie

May 12, 2011 at 10:36 pm

yep, sounds like Phill says. you need to set the Origin point. easy fix…

• Adrian Dawes

May 13, 2011 at 5:59 pm

I couldn’t find a set point button but tried the base point button, i still end up with 68 mm of vinyl before cutting but please correct me if i’m wrong but this is because of the optical eye,
    I also would like to confirm that although i use vinyl 305 mm wide you have to allow the width of the pinch rollers and a little more for your cut area, sorry to sound like a idiot but i thought you may be able cut to within 5mm of the edge,
    Once again thank you very much for the advice,
    Really glad to have such a brill forum, 😀

• Alex Pirozek

May 14, 2011 at 7:03 am

Adrian,
    The PC-600 does not have a optical eye? I print directly from Corel via Roland’s windows printer driver and have set up a print layout in there to start printing at TOP LEFT CORNER. If you set your base point as well before printing you should have minimal waste as i my machine starts printing around 25mm from the edge.

• Adrian Dawes

May 14, 2011 at 9:43 am

Sorry alex i did really mean the sensor which sensors the vinyl, please bear with me I have no experience at all its a new fenture for me, thanks so much for the guidance

• Ian Stewart-Koster

May 25, 2011 at 1:06 pm

There might be a setting in the Roland Printer Driver, about how much to feed through before starting.
    Years ago I found I could adjust it on the PNC1000-can’t remember where-advanced settings, maybe?