Activity Feed Forums Printing Discussions Roland Printers Roland ColorCamm Pro-600 white lines on print

• Roland ColorCamm Pro-600 white lines on print

Posted by Juan Frias on January 23, 2013 at 6:38 am

Im having problems with my Roland ColorCamm Pro-600. I’ve tried adjusting the LINE PITCH, by -30 thru +30 and no change. i read the users manual and it says there is a "NARROW" and "Extra NARROW" correction, couldnt find it. So i think i need to to do a "GRIT COMPENSATION"? i just dont have a service manual for that model, i have for the pro-60 (but Buttons are differernt etc.) Im using MACCAL 9800 PRO, I’ve done cleanings, alot. I’ve also replaced all the ribbons with new ones. and cleaned the head.

Attachments:

Steve Fields replied 11 years, 1 month ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Phill Fenton

January 23, 2013 at 8:53 am

I’m afraid this looks like a classic case of head failure. I used to have a colorcamm and this was what would happen to me when the head failed. On one occasion it remedied itself after a head clean, but on the two other occasions when this happened a new head was the only remedy. Altering the pitch settings made no difference.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news 🙁

• Mike Grant

January 23, 2013 at 5:29 pm

Agree with Phil. Deffo heads are shot.
    I do believe that they make great door stops though. :lol1:

• Steve Fields

May 6, 2013 at 11:48 pm

I would agree with the head being shot but disagree with it being a door stop, I have two PC60’s, use them everyday doing small automotive decals and wouldn’t be without them.
    I’ve dragged them apart, put them together, cursed and swore at them but they still keep chugging on 🙂