Activity Feed Forums Vinyl Cutter Discussions Graphtec Vinyl Cutters roland camm1 GX24 -v- graphtec CE5000-60

• roland camm1 GX24 -v- graphtec CE5000-60

Posted by Michael Dunn on November 5, 2007 at 10:59 am

hi – shortlisted the two machines for an upgrade

i wondered if anyone could compare the two out of experience with pro’s and cons

roland is 1150 plus from xpres and graphtec is 995 plus from most places.

graphtec has a stand and on site 2yr – roland rtb 2yr.

we use corel – and would like to stick with that if possible – but looking at posts on the graphtec board there are some graphtec/corel issues.
    roland i understand don’t plug directly into corel??

on the face of it the graphtec is a better buy if the machine is a like for like in output.
    speed is not an issue – smooth curve/quality cutting is what we are really after – especialy with small fonts etc.
    is the roland just more for the name or is there something more?

cheers

Chris Wool replied 16 years, 6 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Brian Hays

November 5, 2007 at 11:06 am

Roland are no better a name than Graphtec. You shouldn’t have any problems running a Graphtec with Corel Draw it’s very straightforward.

Not a lot to choose between the 2 machines. Shouldn’t need the warranty as a decent Vinyl Cutter will rarely go wrong. On-Site warranty is still worth having though 🙂

And a stand should help with getting the Vinyl to track straight.

• Chris Wool

November 5, 2007 at 11:08 am

both nice machines and both run straight out of corel with there own windows driver. i run both roland and graphtec there is a page size limit with window drivers around 3000mm but thats the only problem i encounter

chris