Activity Feed Forums Sign Making Discussions Gallery Rogers: Some recent work:- Dec 2018

• Simon Worrall

December 20, 2018 at 6:22 am

Quality work there Rogers.

• Colin Bland

December 20, 2018 at 7:12 am

Some nice stuff there David well done

• Colin Bland

December 21, 2018 at 5:40 pm

Thought I would bump this to the top – It takes a bit of courage to put your work out there in front of your professional group and I applaud David for doing it on a regular basis. It’s a shame that there’s not that many comments either encouraging or with constructive critique. I think the site would be better if more people shared their work – me included !
    Merry Christmas Everyone

• Mohammad Esa

December 22, 2018 at 12:20 am

All beautifully done, well done mate. Just a quick question, what exactly has you used to fit the fish and chips signs?

• David Hammond

December 22, 2018 at 12:31 am

Agree Colin, David is a regular poster of his work, and I enjoy looking at his work.

Even the ‘simple’ jobs look great, colour & design wise :claps:

I like the flamin chicken van, the subtle text behind the logo. It works with the blue sport stripes, I assume out of David’s control. My only thing is I think it’s the red & green text that clashes. Still a nice job.

Like the Dundee carpet cleaning van too the logo running over the panel gives it some impact, rather than smaller to fit in the panel.

How did you achieve the wood effect on Hepburns sign? Digital print or ďinoc type vinyl?

• David Rogers

December 22, 2018 at 11:03 pm
    quote mohammad esa:

All beautifully done, well done mate. Just a quick question, what exactly has you used to fit the fish and chips signs?

Customer put up the support struts made of 45mm box section steel…at a sort of ALMOST even spacing. Needed to sort out the joins and spacing before printing. Fitted the wrapped composite to the steel with Hilti 25mm self drilling 25mm

Cuts through most stuff, even stainless. Go through thousands of them a year. Paint the heads to colour match the jobs…slimline, better than caps.

Attachments:

• David Rogers

December 22, 2018 at 11:08 pm
    quote David Hammond:

Agree Colin, David is a regular poster of his work, and I enjoy looking at his work.

Even the ‘simple’ jobs look great, colour & design wise :claps:

I like the flamin chicken van, the subtle text behind the logo. It works with the blue sport stripes, I assume out of David’s control. My only thing is I think it’s the red & green text that clashes. Still a nice job.

Like the Dundee carpet cleaning van too the logo running over the panel gives it some impact, rather than smaller to fit in the panel.

How did you achieve the wood effect on Hepburns sign? Digital print or ďinoc type vinyl?

Red and green customer spec…had to make it look like a mock up I was handed.
    All wood effects I use are either Photoshop texture generated (Hepburns. 10mm pvc coated in print and sides painted brown) or online sourced high res texture photos (emres)
    Carpet cleaning van was a series of happy accidents. Was always meant to be slightly oversized but made every print 10% too big, filled the space more for a bigger impact.

• David Rogers

December 22, 2018 at 11:13 pm
    quote Colin Bland:

Thought I would bump this to the top – It takes a bit of courage to put your work out there in front of your professional group and I applaud David for doing it on a regular basis. It’s a shame that there’s not that many comments either encouraging or with constructive critique. I think the site would be better if more people shared their work – me included !
    Merry Christmas Everyone

Cheers Colin. The way I look at it is…stand by your work. Whether kinda ordinary, something you’re not incredibly proud of or an absolutely awesome job you just have to share…stick it up. You got paid for it, so it was worth the money and the client was happy…if you can’t take a bit of genuine peer critique or a "nice one"…wrong game to be in! Not that many of my jobs get photgraphed…simply don’t have the time / forget or it’s really, really mundane stuff (takeaway menus / banners).
    Besides, what’s the worst you’ll get. "I don’t like that".
    So somebody didn’t praise your efforts or pointed out a flaw in something that you knew wasn’t your best work and it’s a little embarrassing…or even hurtful. Sure, I’ve been offended before with comments on what I thought was a good job only for somebody I thought of as a more experienced peer to poke holes in it.
    So i take my own advice and "suck it up princess" before waiting to amass another load to inflict on you guys!

I’d also like to see a full gallery section. Surely if it’s good enough to stick on a van or building it’s good enough to stick on the internet!

• Martyn Heath

December 23, 2018 at 8:31 am

Some great work there. I agree more pics would be needed on this forum. It gives inspiration to some of us smaller fish to push the boundaries more and be more creative :thumbsup:

• David Hammond

December 23, 2018 at 9:05 am
    quote DavidRogers:

Red and green customer spec…had to make it look like a mock up I was handed.

I guessed as much, as painful as it can be, the customer is always right :rollseyes:

I need to experiment with the wood effects. Over xmas & new year I’ll see what photos I can find to share