Activity Feed Forums Printing Discussions Roland Printers Replacing dampers or vs-640i

• Replacing dampers or vs-640i

Posted by Daniel Evans on April 9, 2016 at 4:35 pm

Hey guys

How do I go about replacing the dampers?

Do i need to clamp the hoses, if so what with?

Also I’ve got an issue with white not coming through, there seems to be a lot of gaps in the tube, is there anything i can do to pull it through?

Thanks

PETER SUNG replied 7 years, 11 months ago 4 Members · 8 Replies
  • 8 Replies
  • Chris Wool

April 10, 2016 at 8:39 am

Daniel by the questions you asked please don’t attempt with out the manual a lot more can go wrong than with the older head system
    There’s a special sequence for air removal

Why do you want to change them

• Daniel Evans

April 10, 2016 at 11:32 am

Made a complete hash, could do with speaking with you if you’re around.

• Chris Wool

April 10, 2016 at 6:48 pm

Not a member so can’t pm
    Google mrsticker I am at work now till 9.30 ish

• Stafford Cox

April 12, 2016 at 2:39 pm

Hi Daniel, I only just saw this post. It was nice meeting you today, sorry I was the bearer of bad news. Let me know if I can help in any way.

Stafford

• PETER SUNG

May 7, 2016 at 2:18 am

I have metallic ink not coming through at all at the moment, Roland only told me 2 years after i got my printer that i should be shaking the cartridges weekly, i’m not majorly phased by it as 99% of my work is not metallic at the moment, but it would be good to get it firing properly again, is it done and dusted? or can it be fixed?.

• Stafford Cox

May 7, 2016 at 8:34 am

Sorry to say it but it’s likely to be the head that needs replacing. I would replace the damper before committing to an expensive new head but I would prefer yourself for the worst.

Stafford.

• PETER SUNG

May 21, 2016 at 3:47 am

i did a test print of Metallic, a large block today, and it seemed to fire again, except for some minor streaking in it, can that be fixed?

• PETER SUNG

May 21, 2016 at 4:21 am

Heres an attached preview of the test print (solid Metallic)

Attachments: