Activity Feed Forums Printing Discussions Mimaki Printers Replacing Capping station on mutoh 1304

• Replacing Capping station on mutoh 1304

Posted by David.Smith on March 5, 2014 at 10:56 am

Morning everyone, had our 1304 nearly 18 months now and think it’s about time the capping station was changed, is it an easy job or do we need to get a engineer in to swop it? Also does anyone know how much they are? I’ve had a quick look but need only found american suppliers.

Cheers

Stafford Cox replied 10 years, 2 months ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Stafford Cox

March 5, 2014 at 12:30 pm

They’re not that difficult to do but depending on the state of your waste assembly, it could get VERY messy. I think you can expect to pay around £400 for the whole genuine assembly, which I can tell you, WILL last a lot longer.

We buy ours from Mutoh via Colourgen.

Stafford

• David.Smith

March 5, 2014 at 12:36 pm

Cheers Stafford I thought you would know, is 18 months about right for a change then?

• Stafford Cox

March 5, 2014 at 12:45 pm

It depends who you speak to really. Mutoh say every 12 months but I’ve got customers who have had the same one running for 3 and even 4 years!! I would say 18 months is a good time, maybe 24 months depending on the sate of it. The thing to remember is that the more often the pump and cap is replaced, the more chance you head has got of lasting. These components definitely deteriorate over time and it’s only the print head and your pocket that suffer.