Activity Feed Forums Sign Making Discussions Vinyl Re Hexis C4000 Range

• Re Hexis C4000 Range

Posted by Richard Urquhart on May 27, 2016 at 7:27 am

Hi Guys and girls, we have in the past used this material but only on small graphics, we have some large glass panels to flood coat in 600mm bands, in the application guide it states for dry application, has anyone on here fitted this and did you fit dry?, just want some advice on this film please thanks Rich

Richard Urquhart replied 7 years, 11 months ago 4 Members · 11 Replies
  • 11 Replies
  • Dan Osterbery

May 28, 2016 at 12:33 pm

Hi Rich,
    we have used it a couple of times, and apply dry. We also fitted it to a boat windscreen which was curved, and we also fitted that dry, but we laminated it first, to offef UV protection, and thought it would be easier laminated.

Cheers

Dan

• Richard Urquhart

May 28, 2016 at 4:53 pm

Thanks Dan I think I would as per application data apply dry but sometimes you don’t get the instant crystal clear finish due to the glue, however the glue does seem low tac, would you agree ? Thanks Rich

• Stefan Byrne

May 28, 2016 at 7:26 pm

Hi Richard
    We recently installed full coverage on glass partitions wet applied mixed with a detergent. When installing please consider the following
    1 easily scratches
    2 goes slightly milk however disappears in about an hour
    3 use a window film hard blue squeegee
    Also hexis website shows both wet and dry application methods

Regards
    Stefan

• Richard Urquhart

May 28, 2016 at 7:57 pm

Many thanks Rich

• Dan Osterbery

May 30, 2016 at 8:29 am

Hi Rich,
    yes you are right, we left it a few days before delivering the windscreen to let the finish go flat (the blemishes in the glue disappear). We have used the orange, the blue and a brown. Love the finished effect of the blue and the orange.

cheers

Dan

• Stefan Byrne

May 30, 2016 at 12:31 pm

Hi Richard
    one of the screens we fitted, as mentioned by Dan it dries out with excellent clarity

stef

Attachments:

• Richard Urquhart

May 31, 2016 at 7:10 am

looks perfect ! what application fluid did you use, we have rapid tac ? thanks Rich

• Stefan Byrne

June 2, 2016 at 9:48 am

we always use baby shampoo, have done for the last 15 years. rapid tac adheres to quickly especially on large glass panels
    hexis recommend easypose application fluid.

stef

• Richard Urquhart

June 2, 2016 at 2:16 pm

This for all your advise on this, will post finished job thanks Rich

• Robert Lambie

June 2, 2016 at 9:27 pm

Dry always…
    if you MUST apply wet, I would advise rapid-tac always.
    I absolutely hate wet application and do not allow it in our work place. I only suggest rapid-tac because i product tested it many years ago and it does the job…. but still WET :shake:

• Richard Urquhart

June 3, 2016 at 3:34 pm

Rob hi mate, I only really fit dry these days BUT i have worked out with this film the clarity looks much better fitted with rapid tac, the job was fitted today and looks really well, thanks Guys Rich