Activity Feed Forums Sign Making Discussions Vinyl R Tape Conform 4050RLA Paper Application Tape / Postage

• R Tape Conform 4050RLA Paper Application Tape / Postage

Posted by Christian Davies on October 15, 2018 at 9:41 pm

We have recently started using R Tape Conform 4050RLA Paper Application Tape on the wall stickers that we make.

We are just wondering if you guys have any hints/tips or gadgets that help roll the graphics up for posting to keep them looking their best.

We would love to know what you are doing to roll up your graphics neat and tidy for postage.

Thank you for your help.

Denise Goodfellow replied 5 years, 6 months ago 4 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Kevin Flowers

October 15, 2018 at 9:55 pm

Hi
    don’t send stuff out myself but I would suggest a staple in each corner, obviously not through the graphic & then roll with application tape to the outside

Kev

• Hugh Potter

October 15, 2018 at 10:25 pm

Whilst I found it a bit of a pain, I did an insurance job a while back that involved around 30 pieces of vinyl… or maybe it was the toyota dealership job I did on a GT85 factory decal kit? !!!

Either way, they cut up the pieces square, then applied tape.. leaving about 25mm extra each end and folding that around neatly onto the backing paper, didn’t eliminate all the cockling etc but did prevent ends catching each other in the adhesive death grip!

• Kevin Busby

October 17, 2018 at 10:55 am

Firstly ensure your rolling with the vinyl facing outward (towards you when rolling not the table)

Use a tube to start rolling around until you have a couple turns then you can gently release.

Royal Mail have a good clearance on tube sizes so rather than roll into a commercial postal tube I use a lot of roll cores for sending out graphics as they are a lot larger diameter and allow more rolling room. Just put a piece of bubble wrap in either end and the cover in brown paper and tape up the ends.

• Denise Goodfellow

October 17, 2018 at 7:00 pm

Create a weed boarder around the graphic and weed the design so it leaves 25mm of vinyl around it, that way the app paper sticks better around the edges