Activity Feed Forums Sign Making Discussions Off Topic Chat "hole" type artwork required.

  • "hole" type artwork required.

    Posted by Mark Candlin on September 7, 2004 at 2:37 pm

    Hi all,

    Iam looking for some artwork for a vehicle Iam working on.
    Iam trying to make it look as if the side of the van has had a tank shell go through it, the metal all warped and torn and bent back.
    I’ve seen similar artwork around, but cant think where I’ve seen it before.
    Any links would be gratefull received.


    Sticky Mark

    Paul Goodwin replied 19 years, 8 months ago 5 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Jill Marie Welsh

    September 7, 2004 at 2:46 pm

    Try this…it might work in a pinch.

  • Robert Lambie

    September 7, 2004 at 5:16 pm

    nice link jill 😀

    mark, andrew (vectorwise) done this “sort of” bullit hole on a mini used for a driving school. he used a foil vinyl and a silver too and applied them onto black and this is the finished result. thought it was pretty effective and the guy loved it when he picked it up..

    complete thread here: … =mini+pass

    if you think you can use the hole, reply here and let me know. ill ask andrew if he can dig it out at work tommorrow. 😀

  • Mark Candlin

    September 7, 2004 at 5:57 pm

    Jill, Rob thanks for the replies, Iam after a more photographic look. I think I may well ask the client ( a car body repair garage ) to make me up a real hole in a real bit of bodywork and photograph it, use a bit of photshop magic on it and print it. Should then look as if there is a real hole in the side of the vehicle.


  • John Singh

    September 7, 2004 at 8:20 pm

    Just finished watching the Bond movie tonight
    Saw a few bullet holes in his motor

    Would have been just the trick

    John 🙂

  • Paul Goodwin

    September 8, 2004 at 11:32 am

    Hi Rob any chance that i could use this, as i have a customer who is interested in this effect on his company care.

    Thanks Paul

Log in to reply.