Activity Feed Forums Printing Discussions Printer Ink Problems with OCE cs9060 inks

• Problems with OCE cs9060 inks

Posted by Jason Grant on October 26, 2009 at 11:52 am

I have an OCE cs9060 printer which is basically a re badged Mutoh 1604 however I cant use Mutoh inks I have to use OCE’s own inks as Mutoh’s don’t work. Anyhow I have been getting regular problems with OCE’s inks reporting empty when in fact they are at least half full and some have printed for literally a few minutes before getting the ink near empty then of-course the ink end message. This problem was reported on numerous occasions to OCE with them finally reimbursing me for a total of "I think" 6 cartridges but there have been many more, Now though OCE are saying that there is nothing wrong with the cartridges and it must be the machine. I have had an engineer look at the machine but not from OCE and he cant see how it can possibly be the machine. OCE want to send out an engineer at my cost to make an inspection and if it is found that the inks are at fault they will then reimburse me the cost of the inks only. The saga continues but I would like to know if anyone else has experienced anything similar no matter who with or what printer as I would like to know what your outcome was.

Andre Woodcock replied 13 years ago 3 Members · 7 Replies
  • 7 Replies
  • Andre Woodcock

October 27, 2009 at 12:22 pm

Hi Jason,
    I have an OCE cs9160. I had occasionally experience the empty cartridge messages while there were still ink left in the cartridge. I both separate Oce smart chip so I was using 3rd party ink. I though that the problem could have been the ink limit on the smart chips. To solve all problems recently converted my printer back to Mutoh.

Cheers

Andre

• Jason Grant

October 27, 2009 at 1:34 pm

Hi Andre, Thanks for the reply. I had looked into converting the machine to use Mutoh but I understand that this can be seriously costly???

Cheers

• Andre Woodcock

October 27, 2009 at 1:45 pm

Jasons, I had to replace the main board, ink ID board and a new print heads. It came around £3k, that was really expensive. But I was told that a single firmware upgrade might have also work. I still have about 40 original Océ smart chip left just in case you want to use mutoh ink.

• Jason Grant

October 27, 2009 at 1:55 pm

3K 🙁 damn did you have to kick me between the legs

• Andre Woodcock

October 27, 2009 at 2:03 pm

That was a really desperate move Jason. I am glad I have finally solved the problem. There must be other way.

• Deleted User

Deleted User
    May 18, 2011 at 10:26 am

Hi,

I have Xerox 8264E Wide Format Printer which is exactly the same as Mutoh ValueJet 1614.
    The only difference between these printers is the firmware that’s in the mainboard (current version is 2.02).
    I’m sure the difference is only in some EPROM (or similar), since Xerox is only branding this printer, not manufacturing it.
    Lately I have problems supplying ink for my printer since Xerox is not so present on the market here.
    I need to change the firmware of the mainboard from Xerox to Mutoh so I could use Mutoh cartridges, they are much more available and of course much more cheaper.
    Been struggling for a while to install some bulk ink system because Xerox representative is irresponsible regarding my needs which is the main reason I want to do this change.

Please, if you have any solution to my problem I would be much grateful.

Kind Regards,

Zoran

• Andre Woodcock

May 18, 2011 at 1:42 pm

Hi Zoran,
    As said above, I was also having problems with my Oce CS which is also a re badged Mutoh Vj 1614. As my Supplier was unaware what modifications Oce has made to the printer he advised me to charge a few parts and it worked.
    If you want to try replacing firmware you can download from the website
    http://service.mutoh.com/#/Firmware/
    But that would be a risky, maybe you should ask for advice from a mutoh tech.

Cheers

Andre