Activity Feed Forums Printing Discussions Roland Printers Problems after changing to TR2 inks on SG540 printer

• Problems after changing to TR2 inks on SG540 printer

Posted by Stephen Morriss on June 8, 2020 at 2:20 pm

Afternoon all, hope you’re all keeping safe at the moment.
    I decided it was time to do the change over to TR2 inks, the kit has sat here for a month or two but the Magenta ink was getting low so I thought I’d do the change today…… I wish I’d not bothered!

Cyan head now has quite a few nozzles dropped out and the Magenta head isn’t working at all, so now I’ve got a ticket in with Roland but I thought I’d see if anyone else had any problems doing the same.

To be fair the Magenta head has been a problem from just before the warranty ran out but I didn’t recognize this until it was too late, maybe I should have contacted Roland about it at the time, anyway I’ve usually managed to get the head to clear and as long as it was printing regularly it’d be mostly OK, not now it isn’t.

Another problem is a fan keeps running after the printer goes to sleep, I’m not sure if this is a new feature of the V4.00 firmware or a fault but it’s annoying.

Any ideas?

Steve

Deleted User replied 3 years, 9 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Stephen Morriss

June 10, 2020 at 4:41 pm

Quick update. Roland have been very good helping to sort this out, not quite there yet but they have been on the phone for a long time talking me through things to do and I’ve now got it mostly sorted. I just need to leave it overnight now as the engineer thinks it’s better not to do too much cleaning and messing.
    I can’t believe how tough these new inks are though, scratching with my finger nail after 10 minutes of drying and I just destroy the vinyl without removing any ink.

Steve

• Deleted User

Deleted User
    July 9, 2020 at 10:45 am

Did not wanted to start a new topic, as it fits in the way of your topic.

I just found out that when you are changing to TR2, and when you update a firmware you will be locked out from the service mode, so if anyone is out there who works on their own machines won’t be able to do anymore. Its hard to get 3rd party tech now already that are willing to work on Truevis if you are not knowledgeable yourself to do things.

Just replaced a head and damper myself few days ago and when I enquired about changing to TR2 I found out that after the firmware is update service will be locked

So if anyone is planning to swap to TR 2 who works on their own machines will no longer be able to do anything and will have to use Roland repair service… which sounds fairly illegal to me to limit to that choice only.

Sounds as 3rd part inks or moving to latex…. and selling truevis.