Activity Feed Forums Sign Making Discussions Off Topic Chat Printwear & Promotion 2008

• John Wilson

February 13, 2008 at 12:24 pm

I’ll be there 😀 Was going to stay over to save the driving but don’t think i’ve got the money the now unless this house sells this week 😀

Monday and Tuesday if doing both, only Monday if I’m doing the one

• David_Evans

February 13, 2008 at 12:36 pm

I’ll be there Monday.

• Hugh Potter

February 13, 2008 at 10:01 pm

when and where?
    cheers.
    Hugh

• Neil Speirs

February 13, 2008 at 10:05 pm
    quote Hugh Potter:

when and where?
    cheers.
    Hugh

http://www.printwearandpromotion.co.uk/

• Ian Bingham

February 14, 2008 at 9:31 pm

Flying down on Monday

See you there

Ian

• Neil Speirs

February 15, 2008 at 10:58 am
    quote Ian Bingham:

Flying down on Monday

See you there

Ian

How much were the flights Ian?

• Ian Bingham

February 15, 2008 at 11:01 am

44 return

bmibaby

Ian

• Neil Speirs

February 15, 2008 at 11:30 am
    quote Ian Bingham:

44 return

bmibaby

Ian

Cheers Ian, managed to pick up a £55 return from Glasgow 😀

I’ll look out for you & buy u a pint at the venue :thumbsup:

• Ian Bingham

February 15, 2008 at 11:48 am

Just had a look and its gone up from the weekend, was 0.04 each way plus tax on sat, mind you 55 still better than driving 5 hrs each way
    Ian

• Ian Bingham

February 15, 2008 at 11:49 am

Pint sounds good on the back of the BTC stand!

• Michael Dunn

February 15, 2008 at 6:03 pm

i’m going down and stopping over sat night for the sunday – but it sounds like everyone’s going monday – might be quiet then

• Peter Mindham

February 16, 2008 at 8:59 am

Monday for sure

Peter

• John Wilson

March 2, 2008 at 10:53 am

I’m driving down in the morning, taking someone with me so flights wasn’t really an option

5am start it is :lol1:

• David_Evans

March 2, 2008 at 10:49 pm

Anyone meeting up at printwear tommorow?

• Neil Speirs

March 2, 2008 at 11:01 pm
    quote David Evans 1210:

Anyone meeting up at printwear tommorow?

How does a pint sound at the back of the BTC stand 😀

• David_Evans

March 2, 2008 at 11:06 pm

Sounds good to me i get to BHX at 11.15 sleazyjet depending so should be at NEC around 12.30 fingers crossed.

• Neil Speirs

March 2, 2008 at 11:24 pm
    quote David Evans 1210:

Sounds good to me i get to BHX at 11.15 sleazyjet depending so should be at NEC around 12.30 fingers crossed.

Will keep an eye out for you, just make sure you have the cap & glasses on 😉

Drinky poo’s about 2 sound allright? meet at btc stand

• John Wilson

March 3, 2008 at 5:12 am

Just driving down the now……… in the snow 😮

See you all there

• Ian Bingham

March 3, 2008 at 11:47 pm

Well just got back, what did you all think, PS Thanks for the very quick drink neil! Flippin last call!!!! (hot)

Ian

• John Wilson

March 4, 2008 at 10:18 am

I was very disappointed with it to be honest, I wish that I didn’t bother going tbh

I only hope that no one bought anything from JOYS :lol1:

• Neil Speirs

March 4, 2008 at 11:39 am

Yeah John, VERY poor show! Can’t see myself rushing back to soon.

Nice chatting to you Ian, I’m still in shock with having to leave that bottle of Becks, goes right against my Scottish religion 😉

Did you make the show David? Couldn’t find u at the BTC stand 🙁

• Robert Lambie

March 4, 2008 at 3:04 pm

Ive never been, so cant comment. but why so disappointed about it guys?

• John Wilson

March 4, 2008 at 4:23 pm

I was at the BTC stand but left at about 1:30pm to head back home

There was nothing there exciting, no new unique clothing companies, no difference from stall to stall with embrodary and transfers

• Neil Speirs

March 4, 2008 at 4:28 pm

I reckon the show was about 75% smaller compared to last year.

Most of the exhibitors seemed to be embroidery machine manufactures or large garment suppliers who wouldn’t be that interested in my order for 15 t-shirts for Senga’s hen-night 😉

For me Magic touch, Nova chrome & Xpres saved the day (+ the bar), especially xpres’s new Cyrstal Print system which I’ve been promised will be shipped out in April 😀 http://www.xpres.co.uk/shoppingcart/aca … Print.html

• Marcella Ross

March 4, 2008 at 4:35 pm
    quote John Wilson:

I only hope that no one bought anything from JOYS :lol1:

why, what’s the story there?

• Ian Bingham

March 4, 2008 at 4:39 pm

nothing up with joys, got sewing machine from them
    great machine
    ian

• John Wilson

March 4, 2008 at 4:44 pm
    quote Ian Bingham:

great machine
    ian

Seriously 😮 Jap imports…….. I seen a few break down while I was there so wouldn’t trust them long term….. great prices though but not worth the hassle IMHO

• Robert Lambie

March 4, 2008 at 6:49 pm

neil, are those crystal things not just prints behind crystal blocks mate?
    bit like the effect if you use a doming kit on a printed sticker?

• David_Evans

March 4, 2008 at 7:12 pm

Wasn’t the greatest was it! But still made some new contacts so worth it for that. Neil didn’t get there til quiet late and got stuck on the Ralawise stand as soon as i walked. Had a look round the BTC stand but obviously harder to spot people than i thought!! oh and left my cap and sunnies in the car!

• Neil Speirs

March 4, 2008 at 8:18 pm
    quote Robert Lambie:

neil, are those crystal things not just prints behind crystal blocks mate?
    bit like the effect if you use a doming kit on a printed sticker?

Yip, that’s about it.

Except the media that gets printed on resembles a clear silicon sheet that once glued and placed in the mini sunbed for 1 minute cures to a solid finish, but unlike a printed sticker the final image ends up see through & very eye catching when displayed right.

The UV box is costing £500, which I know is well over priced but so far I can’t find anyone else in the UK that sells similar units 🙁

I also produce Metaza photo pendants which I have been told look fantastic when domend, so another possible revenue 🙂

• Robert Lambie

March 4, 2008 at 8:21 pm

Do you mean a small hand held UV lamp is costing you the #500 pounds mate?

• David Rowland

March 4, 2008 at 8:22 pm

Im looking for intense UV lamp, but they do cost a packet.

• Neil Speirs

March 4, 2008 at 11:39 pm
    quote Robert Lambie:

No :lol1:

• John Thomson

March 6, 2008 at 11:42 pm
    quote Ian Bingham:

great machine
    ian

The perception of Chinese machines is poor….is this hype? people who actually use them tend to be happy……..cost is paramount so people accept some short comings due to cheap prices………is it an embroidery machine you have Ian?

John

• Ian Bingham

March 7, 2008 at 12:12 am

we have 7 embroidery machines, SWF, but we have a joys sewing machine for the banners, yes there is a quality difference, the embroidery machines are quality machines, finished off well, the sewing machine is rough and ready but dose the job!
    Ian

• Robert Lambie

March 7, 2008 at 12:34 am
    quote Neil Speirs:

quote Robert Lambie:

neil, i have a stained glass business, which also includes diamond bevel clusters and the like. these bevels are adhered to the glass using a special UV adhesive that cures in seconds once a powerful uv light has been applied.
    i looked at buying one years back and it was around 400 quid for a small hand held one… i also had to wait a week on the delivery. i had a large job in at the time and couldn’t wait. what i did was got an old (top side only) sunbed with wooden carcus. flipped it on its back and screwed a clear sheet of acrylic to the face. i then made sturdy legs for it and i then had a nice table to work on whilst working on my glass. once i had the crystal bevels in place. i simply flicked a switch and the whole table illuminated. 10 seconds later all the glass clusters are cured and onto the next lot. cost me virtually nothing to build it. just thinking it might be an idea for you and save a bit of cash?

• Paul Humble

March 7, 2008 at 2:32 am
    quote Robert Lambie:

quote Neil Speirs:

quote Robert Lambie:

neil, i have a stained glass business, which also includes diamond bevel clusters and the like. these bevels are adhered to the glass using a special UV adhesive that cures in seconds once a powerful uv light has been applied.
    i looked at buying one years back and it was around 400 quid for a small hand held one… i also had to wait a week on the delivery. i had a large job in at the time and couldn’t wait. what i did was got an old (top side only) sunbed with wooden carcus. flipped it on its back and screwed a clear sheet of acrylic to the face. i then made sturdy legs for it and i then had a nice table to work on whilst working on my glass. once i had the crystal bevels in place. i simply flicked a switch and the whole table illuminated. 10 seconds later all the glass clusters are cured and onto the next lot. cost me virtually nothing to build it. just thinking it might be an idea for you and save a bit of cash?

Ive been doing showplates for a short time now and really want to go to the next step (I love the whole design structure), ive been spending hours trawling through information online on how to set about doing my ideas………THEN something like this idea comes along, blows me away with the simplicity and I start wondering if im cut out to do this as a profession!!

Do you still use this table? I was always told the simple ideas are the best!

Amazing!

• Neil Speirs

March 7, 2008 at 10:57 am
    quote Robert Lambie:

quote Neil Speirs:

quote Robert Lambie:

I know what your saying Rob, 500 quid for a set of bulbs with a timer is way too much.

Not being techie minded I’m not sure if the materials xpres use require a certain amount of UV watts to cure the crystals? or would a cheap unit like this do the job just as well

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2-36W-UV-GEL-NAIL … otohosting