Activity Feed Forums Printing Discussions HP Printers Printing wallpaper on a HP designjet 5000ps

• Printing wallpaper on a HP designjet 5000ps

Posted by Sam Schofield on October 25, 2011 at 1:11 pm

hello,

ive just had a job come in about 10mins ago, they wanted to know if i could print a photograph on to wallpaper and blow it upto about 5mx3m

this is a first for me! dose anyone have experience with this? media issues printing?

thanks sam

:police: Mod-Edit
    * Please use the "Correct Forum" when posting.
    * This post has now been moved.

Please take a moment to look over our Board Rules.

Sam Schofield replied 12 years, 6 months ago 3 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Stafford Cox

October 25, 2011 at 2:10 pm

Hi Sam. I believe the media you need is digimura…? Not sure if it’s available for the HP5xxx though.

As far as blowing the picture up, it really all depends on the input file. If it’s a good, high res photo then you should be fine if you use a decent tiling package.

Stafford

• Sam Schofield

October 27, 2011 at 10:23 am

Great thanks for that, after a bit googling aswell ive found a media which should work, now to work out how to get a photograph roughly the size of a DVD case to that size… i may have to sub that out…

• Chris Wool

October 27, 2011 at 12:53 pm

standard dye based inks are not suitable for this type of printing for paying customers. due to fading problems, do hp do a pigmented or high uv resist ink.

• Sam Schofield

November 1, 2011 at 10:21 am

Hi,
    thanks for the replies, i have found a wallpaper which supports dye based inks, but i don’t think its worth the risk, I’m going to look into subbing the printing out and just applicating it to the wall
    sam