Activity Feed Forums Printing Discussions Roland Printers Printing T shirts with the VP300

• Printing T shirts with the VP300

Posted by Martin Armitage on September 14, 2012 at 10:14 am

I am looking for a t-shirt press and want to use it printing transfers with the vp300. Does the versacamm produce good results or is a sublimation printer better. is there a heat press that is a better partner for the versacamm? and what media is best to print onto, and finally are there t shirts that are better to use with all of the above
    Thanks
    Mart

Chris Wool replied 11 years, 8 months ago 2 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Chris Wool

September 14, 2012 at 6:36 pm

depends what you want the finished product to feel like.
    all the materials i have tried are about the equivelant of printing on to wrap type vinyl stuck on to a shirt, fine for small badges but not imo for big graphics.
    having said that we have one customer that loves it. we use a image perfect one from spandex along with the clear heat proof transfer tape.
    prints as well as normal vinyl but not as long lasting as a good quality flex material.
    there is a protector film i have yet to try called smart pro from grafityp but only 250mm wide, designed to protect the ink in washes.

• Andrew Blackett

September 15, 2012 at 4:16 pm
    quote Chris Wool:

there is a protector film i have yet to try called smart pro from grafityp but only 250mm wide, designed to protect the ink in washes.

Its great Chris – I used it on our work shirts. There’s a large red CSL logo on the rear and a small one on the breast pocket.

We first did them with the Xpres film and within a few washes the logo faded badly to a pinky colour. The smartpro protected ones on the evolution film is exactly as it was when initially pressed, nice and bright!

Andy

• Chris Wool

September 15, 2012 at 8:57 pm

thanks andy
    do you cut the shape and apply after the graphics have been pressed or can you laminate then cut, as some of our shapes can be quite complex.

• Andrew Blackett

September 15, 2012 at 10:19 pm

The smart pro doesn’t need to be cut at all. You press the print for a few seconds, cut a piece of smart pro bigger than the whole graphic. Press again – the smart pro only bonds to the print and not the garment. Peel cold

Andy

• Chris Wool

September 16, 2012 at 12:25 am

thanks again will give it a go