Activity Feed Forums Printing Discussions Roland Printers Printing photos on XC540 Roland – help with quality please?

• Printing photos on XC540 Roland – help with quality please?

Posted by Shawn Bentley on November 27, 2014 at 9:20 pm

Hi guys, I’m trying to print some photos on satin paper on my xc540 roland, it’s my first machine and I usually only print Photoshop and ai artwork etc, I’ve printed some photos for a client and they are printing quite dark and orange faces ( looks like they have had 2 weeks in the sun lol), any advice to solving problem would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks in advance, regards shawn

Paul Hodges replied 9 years, 5 months ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Chris Wool

November 27, 2014 at 9:42 pm

Good news the machine is more than capable of excellent photo prints.
    Bad news your profile sounds poor if you’re using versaworks never been impressed yet. For photo work
    The profile needs to match your inks media and your chosen colour work flow

• Shawn Bentley

November 27, 2014 at 11:03 pm

Hi Chris thank for advice that’s great, will look into it now as dont have great experience on that side of things so bit in the dark at mo, it’s my first printer so learning everyday at mo, many thanks, all advise helps many thanks, regards shawn

• Paul Hodges

November 29, 2014 at 1:54 pm

Never had any problems with our XC540 doing photo work, I’m using versaworks.
    Usually the print is fairly close to the photo on your monitor, you would have to go some to significantly get a different print result from what’s on your monitor.

Are you sure the original photo isn’t already like that?

Like Chris says, only other thing you can do is check your profiles