Activity Feed Forums Vinyl Cutter Discussions Roland Cutters Printing onto magnetic media with SP540V versacamm

• Printing onto magnetic media with SP540V versacamm

Posted by Carl Maguire on March 2, 2009 at 9:34 pm

Hi there has anyone ever used any magnetic media in a Roland Versacamm SP540v or does anyone know can you actually print onto magnetic with this machine as I have an idea for a customers racking labels but did not want to suggest it if my machine wont work with magnetic media
    (!)

Shane Drew replied 15 years, 3 months ago 6 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • Kevin Flowers

March 2, 2009 at 9:47 pm

I have done it once successfully on a Soljet SC545Ex, next time i tried it just messed up. Issues with the Sp540v will probably be motor error due to the weight of the mag also the mag tends to keep a curve as it comes off the roll. If your head strikes it will demolish your head quite easily, i believe there is some thinner digital mags material but not found a supplier in the UK yet.

Kev

• Chris Wool

March 2, 2009 at 9:59 pm

like kevin done it once, wont make a habit of it. that was .8 mag. all so the cut path calibration is a mile out on this thickness.
    i want to try some thin mag from spandex designed for the edge printer.

chris

• Peter Normington

March 2, 2009 at 11:30 pm

Even on the edge printing on mags direct can be a pain,
    just buy uncoated mag material and apply the printed vinyl, I cant see it worth taking the risk to do otherwise.

Peter

• Jason Davies

March 2, 2009 at 11:47 pm

Agree with Peter on this one, it’s not worth the heartache and disruption, just apply printed graphics to the sheet.

Jason

• Fred McLean

March 3, 2009 at 8:18 am

Just printed some grafityp mag on our rockhopper,printed fine but had the front heater up too much to start with and it curled and smudged the print a bit,got it printing no problem after sussing out that problem 😀

Chris, the stuff from spandex is really thin,but we used it a while ago for loads of planning board decals at 20mm square icons for scaffolding and the like for an oil co.and they were spot on.

• Shane Drew

March 3, 2009 at 8:47 am

I use the .2 printable mag on my SC540’s and it does a great job. Die cuts too, with a sharp blade.

I don’t imagine you’d have any issues with you machine using this product.

Strictly fridge mags though, not suitable for cars.