Activity Feed Forums Printing Discussions HP Printers Printing on APA Truck vinyl L25500

• Printing on APA Truck vinyl L25500

Posted by Chris J Griggs on February 10, 2016 at 12:02 am

Well after a day playing with my new L25500 I am getting some good results
    From flexisign 12 using the Arlon 6000xrp 10pass profile printing on to Apa truck.
    For Short run test prints and a full size tile at 2m x 1150 on vion vinyl just to see full size.
    Tomorrow is the day I print the 25 m tile kits for real and to say I’m worried is an understatement with the cost of vinyl etc.
    Has anyone got experience of this and should I reduce the cure heat down from
    The profile setting of 115 ? Worried about tile distortion not that it is critical as long as it is consistent, had a bit of inconsistency on the Rolland that was overcome on the fit.
    These graphics are top to bottom of curtain full length and have been a success
    On the Rolland but take so long to print and gas etc, they have to be done by Monday, 2 pairs inc fitting that takes 4 hours each curtain

Any tips as only just got Hp last week……

Chris J Griggs replied 8 years, 3 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Kevin Busby

February 11, 2016 at 1:29 pm

I’ve got the 26500 so as similar as it can be and 115 is good for solid colours especially blacks, dark blues, if you have a lot of open space with just printing text and logos you can drop it down to 110 and possibly 105 but if its solid dark colours you wont get it dry at a lower temp.

The alternative if heat is critical and you need it lower then use a 12 pass this will give the ink longer in the curing chamber and slow down the hole job and might let you get away with a 5 degree lower temp.

Kev

• Chris J Griggs

February 11, 2016 at 10:23 pm

Thanks Kev
    Not printed yet as vinyl got damaged in transit, going to run them off tomorrow
    Using the Arlon profile , have ripped the file and it says 70 mins to print the 12 metres for the side, much better than 5 hours on the grennadier (yawn)