Activity Feed Forums Sign Making Discussions Gallery Porsche 944 Clocks : modified with Oracal 751!!!

• Porsche 944 Clocks : modified with Oracal 751!!!

Posted by Joe McNamara on January 24, 2004 at 4:34 pm

Hi gang,
    Doing up me Porsche at the moment and I decided to modernise the clocks a bit as they were a little dated looking.
    Here’s a few pics as a teaser and I’m working on a demo for Rob on changing the faces and colours of car speedos / instruments etc…
    Cheers
    Joe

BEFORE:

Attachments:

Bill Dewison replied 20 years, 3 months ago 6 Members · 11 Replies
  • 11 Replies
  • Joe McNamara

January 24, 2004 at 4:34 pm

AFTER:

Attachments:

• Joe McNamara

January 24, 2004 at 4:36 pm

HERE’S THE REV COUNTER (LEFT) AS THE SPEEDO USED TO BE

Attachments:

• Joe McNamara

January 24, 2004 at 4:37 pm

MORE:

Attachments:

• Joe McNamara

January 24, 2004 at 4:38 pm

HERE IT IS BACK IN THE HOUSING

Attachments:

• Robert Lambie

January 24, 2004 at 4:49 pm

nice one joe.. looks great! 😛

looking forward to your demo. 😉

on that.. i better get my finger out with the ones im working on also 😳 😉 (chat.)

• Bill Dewison

January 24, 2004 at 7:13 pm

Nice stuff Joe! 😀 Can’t wait for the demo, I’d like to have a pop at that… anyone got a spare porsche around the workshop that they can donate to a good home? Preferably a convertable 😉 😉

Cheers, Dewi

• Nigel Fraser

January 24, 2004 at 8:53 pm

Very impessed Joe, I assume that it’s backlit too ?

I had to quote a customer to make up sets of new dials from scratch a while back and it was a nightmare to work out the artwork for. I think it ended up with about 7 colours on the back and 4 on the front of clear polycarb. And to make matters worse the one I had to do was for a Toyota and these clever japs had printed a black/white fade pattern on the back to ensure a completely even face illumination !!

After I did all the artwork the customer decided they didn’t want to have the job done afterall 🙁

I will look forward to seeing the demo in due course Joe 😀

Nigel

Attachments:

• Nicola McIntosh

January 24, 2004 at 9:54 pm

oh that drives me mad nigel! but what do you do!

if you sent them a bill for artwork, they would probably send it back!!

i have had a few of those!

Nik

• Nigel Fraser

January 25, 2004 at 5:29 pm

To be fair to this particular customer he did pay for this artwork and I gave it him on disc so he actually had something for his money !

But, yeh I know what a bind it is getting customers to actually pay up for a/w anyway, especially if they dont have the job done 😉

Nigel

• richard clark

January 25, 2004 at 11:00 pm

here’s mine. can you do anything with the speedo, it keeps sticking on 7000rpm

Attachments:

• Bill Dewison

January 26, 2004 at 9:24 pm

I had a similar problem with mine Richard. After hours of painstaking research I discovered the only solution was to remove the engine from the car, douse it in white spirits and then apply some sort of flame. (hot) The resulting explosion doesn’t solve the speedo problem, but it makes an excellent barbeque when its settled down. 😉 Nice car btw 😀

Cheers, Dewi