Activity Feed Forums Sign Making Discussions Off Topic Chat Poll: Do you use 118 [number] telephone directory?

• Poll: Do you use 118 [number] telephone directory?

Posted by David Rowland on August 19, 2009 at 7:30 am

As many us want to control costs for advertising, well do you really using a telephone "118" number telephone to get numbers for builders, plumbers or even a cinema for that matter? do you use these services?

Karl Williams replied 14 years, 8 months ago 9 Members · 9 Replies
  • 9 Replies
  • Graeme Harrold

August 19, 2009 at 8:07 am

Should have put another option. Only if desperate!!!

• Robert Lambie

August 19, 2009 at 8:11 am

i know of 118 but there are variations on the last 3 digits dave that i have never used. so kinda hard to vote on that one.
    have i used directory enquires? yes when working on installs down south and trying to find a hotel at the last minute in my area… but thats 118 118 not any of the others as in 118 247

• Nicola McIntosh

August 19, 2009 at 8:11 am

waste of money i think, I have never had the need to use it, and have never heard of anyone I know use it either, no-point with google available on phones 😀

nik

• Jeremy Howes

August 19, 2009 at 12:20 pm

Dreadful adverts aimed at the general public looking for a Plumber etc, I can’t imagine why a business would use them with the likes of Google available and for free.

Jeremy

• David Rowland

August 19, 2009 at 7:10 pm

So, if we dont use them to get general numbers, how the hell do they make their money to afford the advertising on tv/radio? looks like they will crash and burn

• Nigel Hindley

August 19, 2009 at 8:37 pm

use them when out and about with no Internet access – 118 118 also use for questions – ask them anything you get text back with the answer.

Pricey, yes but saves time as a last resort

This is actually my argument however with phone directories and yell.com when trying to get me to advertise – no-one uses these any more everyone just googles – its quicker

• Phill Fenton

August 19, 2009 at 9:44 pm

I no longer use yellow pages or the phone book much. I usually google the company first if trying to find a number or use yell.com. It wouldn’t occur to me to use 118 247 or 118 118 these days

• Marcella Ross

August 19, 2009 at 9:58 pm

never. I always go online to find anything as my first port of call.

• Karl Williams

August 20, 2009 at 12:24 am

My details have gone on Yell.com Now I must get at least 6 calls a day asking if we’d like to change energy suppliers or switch from BT to Happy Shopper comms or Beavis and Butthead broadband. 👿