Activity Feed Forums Sign Making Discussions General Sign Topics Pole cutter things, help identifying them please?

  • Pole cutter things, help identifying them please?

    Posted by Mark Johnston on September 5, 2022 at 9:37 am

    hi troops

    i am trying to buy one of those vinyl cutters that are on the end of a pole.
    i have seen them used in videos and you use them so that you do not have to walk around the bench to cut the other end of a wide roll of vinyl. i have no idea what they are called or where to buy them. can anyone help?

    if you have one, are they as good as they look?

    RobertLambie replied 1 year, 5 months ago 5 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Kevin Mahoney

    September 5, 2022 at 10:25 am

    Hi Mark,
    is this what you’re after?
    Not got one but looks useful if working on your own

  • Kev Mayger

    September 5, 2022 at 1:16 pm

    Try using an Olfa Heavy Duty Long Reach Wheel Lock Snap-Off Cutter ,18mm, OLF/XL2

  • Jamie Wood

    September 6, 2022 at 3:11 pm

    Signgeer does them.
    We got one with our application table, and they are useful.


  • RobertLambie

    September 6, 2022 at 8:50 pm

    I am guessing that this might just be what they are called by Rollsroller, but they are Long-reach cutters, and if it is a Rollsroller product, you should also be able to source it from William Smith.

  • RobertLambie

    October 31, 2022 at 10:46 am

    I ended up buying one of these and so far I find them pretty useful. It cuts down the time needed walking back and forth around the bench if you are operating a vinyl mounting table like a Rollsroller, on your own. But it doesn’t eliminate it. basically, you don’t have to walk around to cut the release liner paper, the cutting pole does that. but as soon as you do that part, you still have to tuck the paper under, walk back around the table and tuck the opposite end under. so I guess it removes the walk around the table one time, of two, required. hope that makes sense! 🤔

Log in to reply.